wideband newbie...question

87NAT

In Between GN's
I used my LM-1 for the first time this weekend. After reading many threads I know what target AF numbers I need to hit but my questions is this: During a full WOT pass the numbers vary quite a bit during the entire run. (Jump around from 10.8 to 12.8) Should they be steady across the board? If am I looking for, let say 11.3 A/F, will it be at the highest RPM of each gear or am I looking to average the numbers from the whole pass to achive this ? Dont mean to ask a stupid question but I am from the old school of tuning...this laptop/sensor tuning is new to me, but I like it!

Someone please give me a little more insight to proper tuning techniques with this sensor.

Of course I am using Alky thats why I posted in this section.:smile:

You start air fuel richer then lean it out. 10.0-10.5 is a good starting point. Depending where your sensor is placed, will sometimes vary its response. And when there is velocity through the pipe.. the sensor should read pretty steady.

If I saw 12... anything at WOT.. i'd be very concerned. Just like seeing 10 degree's knock.. i'd be concerned

My sensor is where the cat used to be...most of my numbers were in the 11's.

Thanks for the reply Razor.

Still cant break 110 mph...but thats another story.:confused:

When in closed loop I like to have the ECM target for 12.0 at part throttle (1-10 psi)... at WOT in 1st and 2nd I like to see ~11.5 then I have it go lower yet to ~11.3 or sometimes 11.0 in 3rd and 4th gears at full boogie when the motor is under the most load....the high gear ratios kinda depends on weather conditions and high much total timing I'm throwing at the motor. As far as timing I've had the best luck recently with 26º in 1 and 2 then 22º in 3 and 4....shooting for ZERO KR or maybe . something at most.

I know Julio usually progrmas 23º in all gears but my motor likes a little more down low....all depends on your combo and state of tune.

Good luck.