Wideband Cable routing

robertmee

After reading and searching the general consensus was to weld the Wideband bung on the down pipe across from the flywheel, so that's what I did. Now, what's the best method to route/secure the cable? Between the header cross pipe and the down pipe, there's not much room for the cable not to be laying against either and get burned. Is there a way to snake it through the wheel well perhaps? Surely not straight through the floorpan? I've got about a 5' lead to work with. I'll probably mount the controller in the engine bay on the left wheel well and then take just the powerlogger signal inside. Keeps from having to have a 1" hole in the firewall or cutting the o2 lead.

Hints, ideas or suggestions??

After reading and searching the general consensus was to weld the Wideband bung on the down pipe across from the flywheel, so that's what I did. Now, what's the best method to route/secure the cable? Between the header cross pipe and the down pipe, there's not much room for the cable not to be laying against either and get burned. Is there a way to snake it through the wheel well perhaps? Surely not straight through the floorpan? I've got about a 5' lead to work with. I'll probably mount the controller in the engine bay on the left wheel well and then take just the powerlogger signal inside. Keeps from having to have a 1" hole in the firewall or cutting the o2 lead.

Hints, ideas or suggestions??

I just started putting the sensor on the passenger side of the pipe before the last bend.

Pull the ecm. Look in the corner of the firewall infront of where the ecm sits. There is a gromet with a couple vacuum lines and some wires. I been pulling that out and doing a little moding to get the sensor through.

Works out real nice.

HTH

I just started putting the sensor on the passenger side of the pipe before the last bend.

Pull the ecm. Look in the corner of the firewall infront of where the ecm sits. There is a gromet with a couple vacuum lines and some wires. I been pulling that out and doing a little moding to get the sensor through.

Works out real nice.

HTH

Does that fish down between the heater box and left fender wall to get to the hole from the engine bay? Or are you coming at it from beneath?

Does that fish down between the heater box and left fender wall to get to the hole from the engine bay? Or are you coming at it from beneath?

I drop the sensor through from inside. It comes out between the body and the inner wheel well. Sometimes it takes a few try's to get in a position where you can grab it. ;)