Wicked 93 LX coupe turbo

Detomaso71

I have a t76 mm 347 stroker and the compression is too high. Never been started. I bought it all new from someone who ran out of cash to finish it for a good deal.

I have a t400 and a tko 6 speed, plan to use the auto and much larger turbo.

Plan to build a v8 for larger turbo, can a lsx or ford engine both enter most 275 and 8.5 classes?
Want the car to be open to as many classes and events as possible.
I see lots of guys using non ford drivetrains in these LX fox body cars

If there's more ls events than ford or keeps more doors open may go that route

Either way I am currently putting in a 25.3 on the car and it's going to be nasty!

Clay, I think you might have better luck asking that question on the bullet than here. But there is a general set of rules for 275 and 8.5 to allow all power plants. I plan on racing the 8.5 classes locally next year with my car.

Local rules require a 76 or smaller turbo and do not allow boost controllers for 8.5". If you go to london, ky or 60, I think they have outlaw classes that have wider rules. As far as the 275, don't think there is anything within 2 hours of cincy.

If you plan to build a truly competitive 275 car, or anything that will need 25.3, I'd just stick with the Ford engine. They both will need aftermarket blocks at that power level anyhow. I've got both, I use the Ford for racing and the LS for street/strip.

Yellowbullet is a good source for X275 rules, there's quite a few threads on the rules and combo's everyone's running.

Either powerplant you mentioned will work well, it's more about what your comfortable running. At the level your planning on running, either powerplant is going to be expensive. Most 275 classes limit the turbo size to an 88mm turbo. You'll probably want to push the envelope to be in the hunt. You'll also want to run in the high 4's to be in the mix, the class has went crazy over the last couple years.

Sounds like your on the right track with the 25.3 spec chassis. I would think somewhere around 400c.i. would get the job done.

Good Luck with your build. We're planning on mounting up a pair of 275's, removing the 106, bolting on the 88 and go play with everyone next year ourselves...

lsx vs sbf

i see the 88 mm turbos in some classes make you weight a lot, my car is around 2600 lbs and if i go with a big CID and turbo some classes want you at 3300 to 3400 lbs and SB with spray around 2600 allowed weight

a lot of decisions on which is the best route. either option i am considering my builder guarantees 1500 RWHP so i t all boild down to CID and mm compressor and which weight etc.

if I have to add 300 or 400 lbs is it really worth it for more Cubes?
also it appears the precision site has a lot of 88 mm turbos and HP ratings are different. NMRA sites list specific types and brands of 88s all req different minimal car weights to further confound my variables.

I went 25.3 and Santoffs all way around and custom rear for now, while I figure the engine out I will just keep building the suspension and safety.
if you know anyone that needs super nice LX parts mine came with crazy amounts of stuff all new I am selling.
about 14 K in parts I am letting go including a complete Motorsports 347 stroker never been started and tko600 etc.

the yellow bullet site never lets me register for an account and the admin dude doesnt return email
nice site but they need "SGRIM" over there to get their a$$e$ in gear >

Is the 2600lbs without driver ? With or without, your at a good weight. I think you could be around 2600lbs naturally aspirated with a smallblock, around 2900lbs with nitrous and a sb.

1500rwhp is a pretty serious engine, I'm thinking that would be with a big cid engine, large frame turbo with a billet wheel ?

Are you using stock suspension or ladderbars ?

PM me with a list of your parts your selling, I may able to help you move some of them.

I see quite a few new members over on the bullet, you may want to try to register again...

i see the 88 mm turbos in some classes make you weight a lot, my car is around 2600 lbs and if i go with a big CID and turbo some classes want you at 3300 to 3400 lbs and SB with spray around 2600 allowed weight

a lot of decisions on which is the best route. either option i am considering my builder guarantees 1500 RWHP so i t all boild down to CID and mm compressor and which weight etc.

if I have to add 300 or 400 lbs is it really worth it for more Cubes?

In almost any turbo limited class, the SMALLER the motor the better. Almost all smaller turbos (IE. 88mm) will make more power with a small engine because they are more efficient at higher pressure ratios that they won't reach on a large engine. That's why those stupid Supras make so much power.

If you're building it for 275, use a small engine.

would 347 or 331 cubes be considered small enough?
360 CID is limit for turbo cars in NMRA i think

i originally wanted to do a TSO style engine but dont see much of a weight break for V6 and i think a V8 would be less of a headache than all the buick headaches ive had in my short racing career

Clay, text me a run down of some of what you got for sale. I have a friend building a street car lx. He doesn't need exotic parts, just some cool hardware to bolt onto his stang.