Wicked 1981 Malibu GN

RobsIron

Silent but Violent
Anyone know of this car? Been hiding in my buddies collection for quite a while. It is mint and runs 10's. Real Malibu with complete GN drivetrain and interior. It was in some magazines years ago. Craftsmanship is top notch.

Pretty cool.

Attachments

• untitledmal2.png
    untitledmal2.png
    8.4 MB · Views: 253
  • untitledmalibu.png
    untitledmalibu.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 209
  • untitledmal3.png
    untitledmal3.png
    9.1 MB · Views: 225
  • untitledmal1.png
    untitledmal1.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 226
There is a black one in Dallas with complete red T interior. Didn't think there was another like it. WOW

There is a member on here from NC that has one. I haven't seen him around in a while but his username is Turbo1dr. He had a very nice yellow bu with a dual fuel system he made. Used 12 injectors, 6 smaller injectors supplying regular gas from the tank for cruising which switched to 6 large injectors pumping race gas from a fuel cell when the boost climbed. If I remember correctly it made around 630+ to the rear wheels. Had a cowl hood with a smiley face in the center of the breather cutout.

Last edited:
I love the 78-82 Malibu's. Especially with that charcoal grey. Man, if I didn't love my TR so much this would be my ride.

looks like a nice car, but what kind of a feel was he going for with the car? the dog dish hubcaps and paint color say he was trying to fly under the radar and not be noticed.. but the stripes, cowl hood, badges, and gauges on top of the dash say that he was looking for attention...

looks like a nice car, but what kind of a feel was he going for with the car? the dog dish hubcaps and paint color say he was trying to fly under the radar and not be noticed.. but the stripes, cowl hood, badges, and gauges on top of the dash say that he was looking for attention...
I think he tried to make what an 80s Yenko Super Car would have been.