Why's the time always wrong??

gn85

You've gotta try this!
I just notice that the clock is always wrong. The times when people posted is always WAY off. I have mine set for +1 GMT for Central European Time, but is showing about 5 or 6 hours off. It looks to be a little closer now, but it's still way off.

All times are GMT +1 hour. The time now is 05:18 AM.

The current time is 10:20 AM.

I'm not sure if anybody has ever brought this up, and it's not THAT important to me. Just suggestion.

Also, fix where it say "Wold Wide Web" at the start.

Still a great site though..

I think the baseline for the time is NY, not London (like it says), so add about 5 more hours.

Poeple been bitchin' about the Wold Wide Web for years. :eek:

Wouldn't that make EVERYONE'S time off?? I thought it was just me? If it's baselined in NYC, then when you tell it EST, it'll think you're -5 GMT. I'm just thinking the baseline should be GMT.

I'm six hours ahead of NYC.

No, everyone else has alreay figured out that EST is zero. I'm in Chicago and I use "GMT-1", which is really EST-1

Should and what is don't happen to be the same in this case. It started out wrong and it's too late to fix now.

Try GMT+6 an see what happens. It might, just might, work.

Might, just might, work

Well, I took your advice and I've got the time closer, but it's still incorrect. It's about a good 1/2 hour off and other times it's right on so I guess it's just one of the those problems that'll never go away. Thought I'd make a suggestion, but it's just one of those things to live with.

Thanks anyways.

The server time is wrong, it's nothing more than that. I've been posting on BB's with this identical software for years - someone needs to set the time.

I'm in US eastern time zone which theoretically should be GMT-5 hrs. (assuming US Eastern Standard time not US Eastern Daylinght Savings time) but if I put in GMT+2 I get the right local time showing. Don't know why, but works for me.

Well, I took the suggestion above and now it looks like the minutes are right, but the hours are wrong again so I'll go back and change my preferences to show the right time again.

time test

I live in the east also and I put in GMT +2 and the time is correct now

Time I have now is 12:25am according to the board. I have 2:27 am, according to my laptop..