Why Is This Such A Dead Forum

390STEVE

PROUD AMERICAN
We all love drag racing our cars why is this forum so dead. I would think with all of the veteran racers on here, their would be alot of advice to us people just getting into the sport with these cars. I have found that my buick is nothing like my camaro, mustang, or n/a g-body cars of the past. they are so different.

Steve

390STEVE said:
We all love drag racing our cars why is this forum so dead. I would think with all of the veteran racers on here, their would be alot of advice to us people just getting into the sport with these cars. I have found that my buick is nothing like my camaro, mustang, or n/a g-body cars of the past. they are so different.

Steve
good Question Steve

I would guess there is only so much you can say about drag racing techniques. Good tires, good gas, lots of boost, build boost on the brakes and let it fly.

Okay, what about launching with consistent boost and rpm?
Is there a way to do this cheaper than with a trans brake, 2 step rev limiter and electronic multi stage boost contoller?
I just bracket raced for the first time and because of the variation of boost at launch my et's varied from 12.53 to 12.88!

Bracket racing technique.

Okay, what about launching with consistent boost and rpm?
Is there a way to do this cheaper than with a trans brake, 2 step rev limiter and electronic multi stage boost contoller?
I just bracket raced for the first time and because of the variation of boost at launch my et's varied from 12.53 to 12.88!

If I were bracket racing my car I would not build boost at all off the line. I would just stab it of the brake. At least that way U know ur 60 ft. times will be consistent. Slow but consistent and thats the name of the game in Bracket racing.

In the buick performance book, one guy says if reactiontimes are the same or close he's found that instead of leaving off boost when bracket racing on the scanmaster he set it to tps and leave off tps ex: if 1.30 is his sweet spot he leaves off 1.30 everytime he's within a a .1 tenth or .2. And as far as techniques, posted in this thread section ive found that everynow and then people post them in other threads actually talking about something else instead of this one , like brakes & tires, or turbo's time slips etc.