Why is there so much oil in my intercooler

natedog910

I heard a popping noise after I let my foot off the gas I come to find out at one of the clamps came loose off the turbo housing its stock grand national just bought it like 2 weeks ago it actually wasn't running . I bought a stock fuel pump TPS sensor and a mass air flow sensor to make it at least idle and run which is not idling properly either It's like around 1300 rpm . Anyways my question is I have oil in turbo pipes n intercooler...Why. thanks

Does it still have the inlet bell of the turbo connected to the passenger side valve cover breather? If it does that is a huge source of oil into the intercooler and beyond. Take the metal pipe off between the inlet bell and the vavle cover breather. You will need to find a pvc cap to plug the opening left in the inlet bell. The stock breather can stay in place but you may want to replace it so there isn't a hole in it. Next you need to remove your intercooler and up pipe and clean the oil out of it.

Better start at the beginning and do the full spring cleaning as advised at the www.gnttype. org site.