Why GNX??

slowcar

Banned
It seems as though everyone who has one of these cars is trying to "cash in" ... I know the car... I know the history but is it really worth 30-40k more then a really nice mint GN? Investor purposes? Not when you are paying 65-85k for the car to begin with and cant put miles on it or modify....I just bought a mint 28k mile GN for 17k ... a GNX of the same would set me back probably with the greed of the recent sellers about 57k....a 40k difference?? I can take the difference in the money and buy a condo or two....depending on where or I can buy a brand new SRT8 loaded and drive in a modern day GN and have the old mint GN in the garage to admire....I guess it comes down to who wants it and who has the money....but to own a nice turbo regal of yesterday... well there are many GN'S and T's out there that still have good prices as of now... give it about 6 months to a year and we all can expect to be paying atleast 25k for a 70-80k mile GN in good condition...it has to happen .....I say take the 75k that you would buy a GNX with and buy 5 mint GN'S and watch your money grow in a year by atleast 25% or more... much more then a GNX would bring.....

Investment GNX

slowcar said:
It seems as though everyone who has one of these cars is trying to "cash in" ... I know the car... I know the history but is it really worth 30-40k more then a really nice mint GN? Investor purposes? Not when you are paying 65-85k for the car to begin with and cant put miles on it or modify....I just bought a mint 28k mile GN for 17k ... a GNX of the same would set me back probably with the greed of the recent sellers about 57k....a 40k difference?? I can take the difference in the money and buy a condo or two....depending on where or I can buy a brand new SRT8 loaded and drive in a modern day GN and have the old mint GN in the garage to admire....I guess it comes down to who wants it and who has the money....but to own a nice turbo regal of yesterday... well there are many GN'S and T's out there that still have good prices as of now... give it about 6 months to a year and we all can expect to be paying atleast 25k for a 70-80k mile GN in good condition...it has to happen .....I say take the 75k that you would buy a GNX with and buy 5 mint GN'S and watch your money grow in a year by atleast 25% or more... much more then a GNX would bring.....[/QUOT
I can not think of another late 70's, 80's or even 90's model car that will increase in value more than the GNX. Mustangs...na, Corvettes...na, any other GM model like Cutlass/Monte SS/Gran Prix.....na, and forget about any Chrysler.

i am with you but as a poor guy looking in.

its not about the car its about 547

for example
last week i picked up my cuz at a VERY VERY EXPENSIVE BAR/CLUB their was lots of BMWs,BENs a few VETTEs and so on any way i was in my dads customers 1965 or 66 convertible mustang and i got 90% of the attention. because it was the only one there.

most of the people that pay that kind of money for that car its mostly about showing up their other rich friends " look at what i have and you can't get even having the money "
what i have seen alot with these expensive cars is the constant turn around.

I hate to break it to you all but....

These cars were manufactured 20 years ago... there are not 25k GN'S around anymore... infact I see about 2 a month rolling down the road here in Fla. a very populated area with tons of money and cars ... and those two Gn's are always the same Gn's I saw the month before..... same owners same cars... in essence the cars are rare ... many were destroyed and stolen and many were beat on and wrecked..The GNX's are rare .. only 547 built at the ASC factory and all were regular GN'S prior to the add-ons...but how many mint complete GN'S do you think there are floating around?? Well my guess is probably just a few more then Gnx's ...a low number by far.....and think of the Limiteds.. wow... what a rare car ... only 1035 plush interior Limiteds made in 87.. probably less then a few hundred remaining and the ones with leather...less then 50 in existence.... think about it... what is rare and desirable to some is nothing to someone else.....The GNX is rolling now....money is being thrown at it....the nostalgia is high... but in the end those other cars are going to fly in value.... think of the Hemis... anything with a Hemi is worth in excess of $150k and the bench seat ones with low numbers are worth the most.......

why get a GNX

well not long ago you could pick up a very nice driver for 30-35k look @ the prices now. If you wont to be like everyone else get a GN. If you like rare collectable cars and can afford a GNX get one. I live in a very small populated area in SC i can name off 10 GN's i see regularly . And atlest 3-4 rotting in peoples yard. I dont see how you can call an 87 GN rare.

Some people are in it for the money, others for the speed, others for the car itself.

The GNX is beuatiful but it is definetly out of my price range and I am sure most GN enthusiasts.

Even when I bought my mint T-Top GN 12 years ago, I could not afford to pay around $30,000 for a GNX.

As I mentioned above, you have to ask yourself, why do I want a GN or GNX?

I bought my GN bc I loved the style of the car and the speed and I wanted to have a summer car and that's why i bought it with T-Tops.

One disadvantage to owning a GNX is that spare parts are RARE and extremely expensive.

Regardless, I think a lot of what is going on is hype.
Yes the GNX is rare and beautiful but remember that all GNXs were GNs!

The thing I probably like most about the GNX is the real gauges and the aggressive look that it has.

Frank

No disresecpt to the GNX crowd but I've wondered this same thing about thie prices also. My old car was an Older 85' SVO. They made around 2500 SVO including all colors and years etc. They made about 500-600 85.5'/86 SVO combind which came with about 30hp more than the privious years. The SVO had rear disc brakes 9 years before the 93' SVT Cobra and almost 10 years before it was a stock option on a typical stang. It also had 5lug wheels right at 10 years before the 94' stangs came stock with them. There is a few more things done that was never made an option. It's very rare for me to see one of these cars running around and I travel a lot. They are also being wrecked right and left and parted out like crazy. Ford stop making most of the parts years ago and you can't just pull some of the parts off a typical stang to make an SVO original or run for that fact. Anyways, you can pick one up for around 100.00 - 4,000.00 depending one the shape etc. So I know the GN is a very popular car and can very much agree on it's going price. I just can't figure out why a GNX is going for 75-100k compared to other rare cars on the road? Heck, I think I saw one going for 150k but can't remember.

2QUICK2B6 said:
well not long ago you could pick up a very nice driver for 30-35k look @ the prices now. If you wont to be like everyone else get a GN. If you like rare collectable cars and can afford a GNX get one. I live in a very small populated area in SC i can name off 10 GN's i see regularly . And atlest 3-4 rotting in peoples yard. I dont see how you can call an 87 GN rare.
its rare,rare,rare,rare,rare. ;)

GNX for 150,000.

SVORay said:
No disresecpt to the GNX crowd but I've wondered this same thing about thie prices also. My old car was an Older 85' SVO. They made around 2500 SVO including all colors and years etc. They made about 500-600 85.5'/86 SVO combind which came with about 30hp more than the privious years. The SVO had rear disc brakes 9 years before the 93' SVT Cobra and almost 10 years before it was a stock option on a typical stang. It also had 5lug wheels right at 10 years before the 94' stangs came stock with them. There is a few more things done that was never made an option. It's very rare for me to see one of these cars running around and I travel a lot. They are also being wrecked right and left and parted out like crazy. Ford stop making most of the parts years ago and you can't just pull some of the parts off a typical stang to make an SVO original or run for that fact. Anyways, you can pick one up for around 100.00 - 4,000.00 depending one the shape etc. So I know the GN is a very popular car and can very much agree on it's going price. I just can't figure out why a GNX is going for 75-100k compared to other rare cars on the road? Heck, I think I saw one going for 150k but can't remember.
You are correct, GNX #547 sold for 150,000.00 this year. There was another GNX with 200 miles that sold for 108,000.00 also.

Who cares?

toofastforyou said:
WHO CARES???? !!!! :p

Claude :p
That is like saying back in 1985, who cares about a Hemi Cuda. Well we all know how that turned out. Well I care about the GNX.

GNX 233 said:
You are correct, GNX #547 sold for 150,000.00 this year. There was another GNX with 200 miles that sold for 108,000.00 also.

The one I'm thinking of was in the double digits I believe. Anyways, It's kind of a gamble if you ask me investing in a car. The value could crash or it maynot mature enough to make it worth wild. Sure it's done really well for those who bought the car new for 20-30k and selling them for 150k...I take my hat off to you. But for the collector like my self(Comic collector), I would rather take my chances with that money in the bank earning 5.5 %. It's not a ton but it's a locked in rate. The GNX could already be maxed out for all we know or could slide backwards. That means 10 years from now, the same car could be worth only 150k or less while my C.D could be worth 200k+...and I didn't have to spend a dime on storage fees or oil changes on a car.

Ps, the Hemi cude was rare because of the motor...doesn't the GN and GNX have the same motor? You can buy a Cude for 10 - 60k easy. A Hemi Cude can fetch upwards of 600k.

SVORay said:
I just can't figure out why a GNX is going for 75-100k compared to other rare cars on the road?
Very few limited edition cars were numbered, had 1/4 mile times that rivaled or exceeded full fledge lat 60's muscle cars, look as good as they do, had as much press as the GNX did.

Bigglezworth said:
Very few limited edition cars were numbered, had 1/4 mile times that rivaled or exceeded full fledge lat 60's muscle cars, look as good as they do, had as much press as the GNX did.

Ya but 25 - 75k more than a 70-71' Barricuda? Oh well, to each his own.

Gnx

The GNX is a Rembrandt painted by G.M. ,If you dont get it thats to bad. :wink:
Myself I could care less if it was worth 20k or150k.
I grow up with the 60 muscle cars but I'll just cruise in the GNX thank you.
I have a 10 sec G.N...........Who cares :biggrin:

FHW said:
The GNX is a Rembrandt painted by G.M. ,If you dont get it thats to bad. :wink:
Myself I could care less if it was worth 20k or150k.

You're right, the GNX is like a Rembrant, I'm just saying I don't agree with it's Rembrant pricing.

FHW said:
I grow up with the 60 muscle cars but I'll just cruise in the GNX thank you.
I have a 10 sec G.N...........Who cares :biggrin:

When I grow up, I want to be just like you :biggrin:

my brother has an 88 turbocoupe (tbird) almost the same engine setup as the SVO i think the turbocharger was different however...that car is worth about 1500 dollars...
I think what give the GNX a little more of a value...lot more of a value is the fact that it was incredibly hyped up, incredibly fast, and incredibly cooler than the afore mentioned cars, not to mention it wasnt a mid 80s ford