Why do I always feel like I'm failing out of the seat to the right.

Because it's supported your tookus for 15 years and the foam rubber can't handle that many exhaust fumes. :p

Well, MY car has the exact same problem, and I know exactly WHY too...

cuz my *&$%#!! ex-wife and her boyfriend couldn't find a better place to "do it"...:mad:

Originally posted by Buick From Hell
Well, MY car has the exact same problem, and I know exactly WHY too...

cuz my *&$%#!! ex-wife and her boyfriend couldn't find a better place to "do it"...:mad:

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That farking biotch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, you think the track/seat is broken or not level? These seats are really nice, but the're not Recaro's.

Stand behind the car and look at the seat backs to see if they appear "lined up". If the drivers seat leans, then I say something is broken. If not, then I say your butt has worn out the foam and you need to take those corners a little easier. :D

Well, the steering wheel is not centered on the seat either. It's to the left. I could check the power mechanism and see if the right side is screwed down more than the left.

I guess it could be the foam too but it doesn't feel like that.

I might as well just sit on the console.

When mine did this it was a broken seat bracket. Also the frames inside will break like mine did with all the torque!:D

Could be from me sucking the upholstery up my a$$ on acceleration (high pucker factor).

So I need the REAL seat braces then.

Ok, when I had them out I didn't notice anything broken but I wasn't looking that close.

Left side of the seat back locks in position. Right side doesn't and causes the seat back to twist and bend to the right over time or with bigger drivers it will happen earlier.

my 442 was the same way, so is my WE4, I don't know about the seat foam wearing out, it only has 37k on it.:confused:

Originally posted by Four-Four-Two
my 442 was the same way, so is my WE4, I don't know about the seat foam wearing out, it only has 37k on it.:confused:

Left side of the seat back locks in position. Right side doesn't and causes the seat back to twist and bend to the right over time or with bigger drivers it will happen earlier.

I'm starting to feel like a ricer kid. My seat leans back aways too.
Now if I put my cap on sideways and slink alittle lower in my seat?
Naw, I think loosing 30 lbs. to get under 200 would be better. Jace

If anyone has a chance to sit in a 90-92 U-van (Trans Sport, Lumina APV,etc.) check out the position of the steering wheel. It is clearly shifted to the left ALOT. It's certainly a design flaw. I think the position was set for a different seat in the prototype and the seat was changed and moved over to the right.

I suspect this is the same problem in the Regal as far as the steering wheel position. These buckets weren't supposed to be in there. No amount of correction in the seat will bring the steering wheel to the center.

I'm still measuring and checking. I must admit, I don't fall to the left in the passenger seat. Also, most of the other GN's and TR's I drove before I bought this one didn't have this problem although I wasn't concetrating on it at the time.

Originally posted by terryk

I'm still measuring and checking. I must admit, I don't fall to the left in the passenger seat. Also, most of the other GN's and TR's I drove before I bought this one didn't have this problem although I wasn't concetrating on it at the time.

The passenger seats are not used nearly as much. The seats in used older cars with a console like the 82-92 Camaro's are real bad about this. People getting their lean on.

If you have ever had the seats apart, you would se how flimsy they are. I'm a big guy, and the left side broke on me. Could be the right side is not 'catching', though I hadn't heard of that happening. The seat stands are faomus for rusting through on the door side (had two cars do that) so it's possible that hapened since you last checked.

Mine has been welded, but the seat is too far back still. I'm going to install a 1/4" of spacer in the back where the seat meets the bracket toi try to fix it. You may need to shim one side only to get the feeling of support from the right side, if the seat frame is bent.