Why can't my XFI box hold a program?

sixgun86gn

six offender
I read my file,then overwrite it to memory,check the tables and they are correct.

I try to start my car and it starts for about .5 second and i try to tune some more.

After a couple starts I get Lost sync! and it says comm read failed.

WTF does this mean?

I reconnect and the file is the exact same as the original startup file i have been trying to get to work forever,all my changes are gone.What gives?

I swear i must have a bad XFI box or something,this POS is pissing me off.

Some quick info on how the XFI saves changes. When you turn the ignition on you will notice that the green power light on the XFI box comes on. Whenever you make any changes you have to turn the ignition off but make sure that the battery power to the ECU is not lost. You will notice that the green light will stay on for about 20 seconds after the ignition is turned off. When the light goes out any changes you had just made are now saved to the calibration in the memory of the ECU. If you lose the battery power to the ECU before you turn off the ignition all of your changes you just made will be lost. I order to trouble shoot the problem you just stated I would watch the green light on the ECU when you get the lost sync error. If that ligh goes out before you get that error I would start looking to see if you are losing the battery 12V to the ECU,