Why cant i get the TPS up to 4.50-4.60 at WOT and get Idle TPS down to .42.43 .

yep, you could change it that way...I guess someone can always do something to be different. The car will still go into PE when the LV8 hits the number...and yes, I am sure you can raise the lv8 so the car cannot see PE either...

As far as that goes, I am sure someone can change the chip so that all the PE triggers are set to 255 or 5 volts, but we were talking about the real world, Bruce.

With the possible exception of yourself, I believe most would bring it in earlier or richen the trims as they exist, both in LV8 or TPS. Nothing you would do could surprise me having seen your list of accomplishments over the years. :)

Originally posted by Steve Wood
yep, you could change it that way...I guess someone can always do something to be different. The car will still go into PE when the LV8 hits the number...and yes, I am sure you can raise the lv8 so the car cannot see PE either...

As far as that goes, I am sure someone can change the chip so that all the PE triggers are set to 255 or 5 volts, but we were talking about the real world, Bruce.

With the possible exception of yourself, I believe most would bring it in earlier or richen the trims as they exist, both in LV8 or TPS. Nothing you would do could surprise me having seen your list of accomplishments over the years. :)

I still haven't found a PE enable for LV8, thou, I've been tied up looking at other stuff <g>.

As far as the PE enrichment as a function of % TPS, might just look at an ATR chip, they did exactly what I mentioned. Possibly others, just I stumbled into them first. I'd venture a guess that all the high timing chips would dump a bunch a fuel in at early TPS to run the high timing, and then yank it out so as to not run the injector static. Justta guess....

look at location 0458

The stock chip is set to trigger PE at 160 lv8. I believe that is the reason you see PE at much lower tps numbers.

045A also shows a minimum tps to override lv8 which is, again in the stock chip, of 65%.

The magic numbers may have come from some of the older chips, such as you point out...where they went at it from tps.

I don't have any conventional chips for my larger injectors so I cannot go out and see if I can sneak up on the tps settings without getting into the lv8.

Originally posted by Steve Wood
look at location 0458
The stock chip is set to trigger PE at 160 lv8. I believe that is the reason you see PE at much lower tps numbers.
045A also shows a minimum tps to override lv8 which is, again in the stock chip, of 65%.
The magic numbers may have come from some of the older chips, such as you point out...where they went at it from tps.
I don't have any conventional chips for my larger injectors so I cannot go out and see if I can sneak up on the tps settings without getting into the lv8.

Why didn't you post this 2 hours ago LOL

The 0458 (LV8 min) allows the table at 052F to be used, or the TPS enable defaults to the PE enable at 045A.
WHEW.
So what else is new???????.......
This wound up being really worthwhile!!.

I went off to do something truly intellectually stimulating...watching wrestling with my son!

I am glad I have no aspirations to be a chip guy. I will stick with arguing about it being a waste of time to file slots on the tps sensor... LOL