Why cant i get the TPS up to 4.50-4.60 at WOT and get Idle TPS down to .42.43 .

jojo

Ill Take A Moosehead Now!
When i adjust the TPS to 4.50-4.60 and cant get the idle TPS down to .42 or .43. Im doing this with the car off, and looking at my scanmaster readings through the windshield while im under the hoold turning screws. I pull the throttle blade all the way down to get a accurate WOT TPS, but i will seem to only go to 4.32 or 4.38 when i adjust the TPS to .42 or .44 in regular mode.

thanks for help

jojo

Having continually ranted about the lack of any scientific reason to get the tps to such high numbers, I will tell you to just set the idle tps to whatever number you want and forget the wot tps as the numbers that you have obtained are more than satisfactory.

God, I love folk lore.

Originally posted by Steve Wood
Having continually ranted about the lack of any scientific reason to get the tps to such high numbers, I will tell you to just set the idle tps to whatever number you want and forget the wot tps as the numbers that you have obtained are more than satisfactory.
God, I love folk lore.

For grins, I ran some of my chips thru the ecm bench I have and tried all kinds of odd combinations, and yep, as long as your in PE it don't matter what the TPS actually is. As it turns out on my chips the PE enable winds up being 2.4v.

.4 at idle, and then just make sure the butterfly is actually all the way open at full throttle.

But since no one mentioned the TV cable we'll leave it out of this..

I went through this and one time I took the car out a did a WOT blast. I got an error code 21? or whatever saying my WOT TPS where too high.:D

BTW, there is no reason to get a file and make the slot bigger. It just take some coffe, or beer and some patients.

Originally posted by bruce

For grins, I ran some of my chips thru the ecm bench I have and tried all kinds of odd combinations, and yep, as long as your in PE it don't matter what the TPS actually is. As it turns out on my chips the PE enable winds up being 2.4v.
.4 at idle, and then just make sure the butterfly is actually all the way open at full throttle.
But since no one mentioned the TV cable we'll leave it out of this..

Please ignore the above!.
There is a PE enrichment vs %TPS, and it does work
Starts at location 0576, and ends at 057E.

same problem

I had a similiar problem,found out my floormats were in the way!!

Hey Bruce, what's with the TV cable? Can you elaborate a little?

Originally posted by bruce

Please ignore the above!.
There is a PE enrichment vs %TPS, and it does work
Starts at location 0576, and ends at 057E.

Exactly,. :) and from location 057C to 057E, the PE trim value is the same. 057C corresponds to 75% of the tps max which is 75% of 5.0v. Therefore once a tps of 3.75 volts has been obtained, the PE stays the same.

That is the reason these magic numbers of 4.65, etc. are meaningless. Max enrichment was reached back at 3.75 v.

On the other hand, you were basically correct in your first post as PE is normally triggered by LV8 at a fairly low level of load so the PE trim vs tps% probably never comes into play anyway. I think most see full PE at around 2.5 v under any brisk acceleration mode but it really had nothing to do with the tps...LV8 kicked it in...

But there will always be someone filing away on tps sensor slots in hope that more must be better. :)

I thought I remember reading somewhere that you have to get the TPS to at least 4.62 to actually dis-engage the A/C like it's supposed to be from the factory. I know this isn't a "terrific" reason to put it high, but I have an A/C cooled intracooler, so (when it works) I run my A/C a lot.

There is a line for turning off the ac versus some percentage of tps...don't recall what it is but I don't think it that high...could be wrong. :)

The ac compressor kicks off at 70% of the tps reference voltage of 5.0 volts...70% x 5.0=3.5 volts...when you mash the pedal to that point, the ac compressor cuts off. (I went to the gnttype.org site and looked at the chip dump that Dave Huinker provided and found the line of code that said ac compressor off-tps %) The value was B3 which I believe is 179 in decimal. 179/255 is slightly over 70%. (our ecms are 8 bit which means they can write numbers from 0-255. )

Because I run only MaxEffort chips, I have not studied the stock configuration in depth like the gurus...:) I can barely recall which shelf of the refrigerator I keep the Dr. Pepper on so trying to keep straight which table in the chip overrides which other table is too much effort. I will stick with tps :D

What else did I confuse you on? Main thing is to not worry about some magic performance increase that you will get if you manage to get 4.6v at wot or pick your number.

Originally posted by Steve Wood

and from location 057C to 057E, the PE trim value is the same. 057C corresponds to 75% of the tps max which is 75% of 5.0v. Therefore once a tps of 3.75 volts has been obtained, the PE stays the same.

Nope.
Just because one chip or the example code dump shows it doesn't mean they are all that way.

You can add more PE at say 87.5% TPS if you wanted to, and then just reaching the 3.75 wouldn't allow full richness.