Why are my tires always blown away 20' out?

blackbuick87

Every run I have ever made has been foot to the floor, and I have spun the tires every time before the 60' mark.

I think its a combination of the suspension unloading and the boost peaking at 22psi. I want to do full throttle launches, no feathering

Now I have boxed LCAs, stock uppers, a pass side airbag, 275/50 DR's, and a stock posi. Unfortunately I only made one run with the LCAs and airbag before I blew a head gasket, so I didnt get to experiment with any air adjustments

Since I am not spinning off the line I think this is what is killing my short times. Any advice would be appreciated

i have the same problem. i think it has to do with launch boost. the more boost you can leave with the more the tires will plant from the start and max hp is made while the car is still squatting.
getting the DRs to stick (launch) at higher boost pressure is pretty tricky. i may go to the 28" BFGDRs to help.

drew

Do you have a pinion snubber? I removed mine and it made a noticible difference.
Remove your front sway bar, and launch away!

Hey Bob, Have you read my Launching a Drag Car web site? There is so many things that I can think of but most of them are on my web site and they may give you some ideas:confused:

In a nutshell:
Front shocks reaching full extension then slightly collapsing before full boost comes on. This unloads the tires. Bad control arm geometry (I know this is a tough one to solve). Rear shocks too soft, etc...

Kevin I have checked out you website a couple of times, and you have some much info on there it is mind boggling:cool:

Next time I will be removing the front sway bar. Had too many other things to fix last time at the track.

I have the stock pinion snubber, I dont even think it hits but who knows

I dont want drag shocks, since my car is 95% street machine. An ATR swaybar will probably be in the mix also.

I was just curious since I see quite a few guys doing better than I am on a stock suspension, but I know they probably have a lot more passes under their belts