Whos running E85 and no intercooler

1984 t-type

Murphy's Law
I have read a couple older threads on here and on a few other sites about running E85 and ditching the intercooler, my question is has anyone done this on a street car / daily driver. im curious because I was thinking about running a front mount just to clean up the engine bay and be able to show off my $500 pulley set. Would this work on a street car that may see traffic jams and what not ? I would love to ditch the intercooler all together. plans are to run about 25lbs of boost

I went the opposite route. You would be giving up a lot of drive ability with no IC IMO. E85 in my experience has no real cooling effect that is significant and justifies no IC. My temps at the 1/4 mile marker were not anything like people talk about. Nothing wrong with my car, but some people just dream up certain things, not that it is wrong..Im a do it type of guy. I want real world results in my particular car.

When you say giving up a lot of drive ability what exactly do you mean by that ? I'm not overly concerned with loosing a couple hp in the long run just looking to clean up the engine compartment without spending a grand on a front mount if possible

Boost produces very high heat. Your car will have to see it to get up certain hills and high traffic areas. Let alone when the car is heat soaked. I tried it on my old TTA with 93 octane and it got hot while setting at idle. Cruising a 10 mile trip was a battle. I thought E85 would run LOTS cooler, but I just havent seen it yet. So, I guess Im talking about a race car as in driveability.
Now, if you were to run 3'' aluminum tubing as far as you could (like the STS turbo systems) then you may have something...But you would need alky to cool off the boosted runs.

I went ahead and picked up a eBay front mount from a guy locally, the price was cheap and I came with the pipes so I figured why not. I see it this way it is prob equal to or slightly better than a stock location and I read of people running with no inner cooler so I should be on the safe side of things, I can always spend 600-1200 later down the line if this doesn't work out for me.

Let us know how it works out. At 25 pounds of boost, I would want an inter cooler.
Conrad