who's running a BIG STUFF 3?

DR BOOST

Technical advisor
who's got it and how do u like it?

ive got one 75% in but am running short on free time.

let me know...

surej

BS3 is a EFI system like FAST, DFI 7.0, Commander950, Autronic, Haltech and so on.

Written by John Meanley (spelling?)

/N.

it uses the same harness as fast and has a few upgrades. otherwise they are almost identical..oops! i mean similar.

plus...pte sells them with injectors for less than a fast.

surej

Ok..

has pte a homepage?

And does the BS3 + 8 injectors cost less than 1300USD?????

/N.

precision turbo is a sponsor on here. the bs3 is not on their website.

i dont know where you got 1300 from but its best that u call them.

as for 8 injectors......im very happy with my 6.

happy computer hunting,

surej

Hey Surej, does that come with that big WB 02 display like they had at ANS? I liked that. Couldn't remember if they said it was included or not. Is BS3 easier to tune than FAST, in your opinion?

hey sam,

no wb o2 display....i dont think there would be enough of a difference over a fast to say its better.

surej

The learning feature makes it better. It's got everything else the FAST does plus that. I like the dash too, you can set it up pretty neat. You tune it pretty much the same way. If you're used to a FAST, you'll easily get along with the BS3.

I'm just getting my feet wet with it so most of this is based off the owner's manual but I have gotten it running and tuned most of the idle and guessed at the fueling. I'm really looking forward to using the Learn feature, it corrects your VE table for you.

Surej - how far has Jason gotten with his?

Just a little more info on the BG3:

1. FAST was designed by John Meaney in the 90's
2. John, Leo and Joe Meaney are the 3 brothers who started DFI back in the 80's...SO, 'Big Stuff 3' = The Meaney Brothers

And...NO EXTERNAL BOXES should be needed:
Data Recorder -> Inside
Trans Controller -> Inside (optional)
Coil Drivers -> Inside
Boost Controller -> Inside
Air Fuel Brick -> Inside

Nashty, what did your complete setup run [if you don't mind posting] ?

QuickWrench. The features you listed are for the Gen 3 units. DFI was designed by John Meaney in the 80's, Felpro/Speedpro/FAST in the 90's, 'Big Stuff 3' = 3rd time around. System w/ adapter harness $ 1750.00

I got mine from PTE when they were first coming out. I also bought a GTQ turbo from them at the same time. Previously, I'd purchased other items from Harry, billet cam, GN-1's, bearings, FAST... Not one of their biggest spenders but a frickin pile of money to me! It seems everytime I mention something concerning PTE, I get a not so subtle nudge for mentioning their name. I'm pretty happy with them though so don't take that to mean I have an unhappy relationship with them. After all, I did return to them after about 4 years for the Geo project.

In a nutshell, I paid what eveyone else did for the BS3. The reason I returned to them is simple. Harry Hruska. We're not good buddies but certainly not enemies, I'm just a customer that he has lended a hand to on a few occasions. He's also offered to do the same on my Geo project. I bought a combination that he and Dan Strezo recommended and it ran like a bullet from day one. The vendor posting above me has also been very gracious in answering all my questions. Seems like a good person to deal with but I try to stick with a known quantity and he wasn't available to me when I built my first GN.

I like the BS3 at least as much as my FAST and I really haven't gotten too deep into it.

Mine is a bank to bank plain vanilla unit. Seems like there are several other units of the BS3 family with more options. I hope Meaney is resonable in the upgrade costs as I'd like to have boost control and nitrous flow in the same box. It amazes me that no-one has done that yet for us.

I got on the car for the first brief second tonight. Seems the fuel and spark are decent from the initial program anyway. Thing spooled and moved out. GD this thing has some potential!!!

I know I dont have a built motor but shouldnt my idle fuel be pretty much the same as the one PTE did this program on? I mean 231 cubic inches , 800 rpm idle, and 65# injectors. According to the o2 correction she was pulling out almost 25%. I went ahead and multiplied my entire fueling table by 85% and then again by 90%. I was showing alot less correction and my car seamed to be much more responsive reving it up in neutral. The only down side to this was when I started the car later on when it was cold it had to warm up a bit before it wanted to idle. So I'll have to look into that.
Surej your motor is alot closer to the one the base program was set up on. Lubrant said it was tuned on a motor with ported irons and a 210 roller. My guess is my motor will need alot less fuel for the same map as the test motor and yours will need slightly more. Maybe by the time Roger and I get this figured out we'll be ready to answere your question better little fella. ;)

Jason
'04 peoples champ under dog

Originally posted by berrelauto
QuickWrench. The features you listed are for the Gen 3 units. DFI was designed by John Meaney in the 80's, Felpro/Speedpro/FAST in the 90's, 'Big Stuff 3' = 3rd time around. System w/ adapter harness $ 1750.00

Dale,

Are you running a big stuff on your car?
How is you car coming along?

John
I am not running BS3 on my car yet, The car is still in the trailer from october, It is ready to run I just don't have the time to run it. I have bin very busy prepairing & tuning race/street cars.