Who's ready for some 3800 power?!

Yes they have had that crank out for a long time. COME racing. They had a few issues with it in the past but looks like a nice unit. With the ability of the stock crank to hold 800hp imo not worth the money. Expensive piece.
I was thinking that, a billet crank can probably handle 2000hp and the 3800 block would give up before that. Still impressive that the stock crank can handle 800whp.

Let's fire this back up. Well the blue 3800's on the right track. Damn car broke loose the tires at 50mph. Lol . Still waiting for my dyno guy to move but he'all be moved soon. Car runs great. Not bad considering the heads are stock. Will make some good power.

Let's fire this back up. Well the blue 3800's on the right track. Damn car broke loose the tires at 50mph. Lol . Still waiting for my dyno guy to move but he'all be moved soon. Car runs great. Not bad considering the heads are stock. Will make some good power.
Are the L26 heads the ones where injectors plug into?

No there the non supercharged heads (no injector holes in heads), late model. Valves are a hair larger.

Any updates on where your at with this Brian?

My car has been very slow progress since I decided to build a whole new chassis for it, went to ridetech coilovers, and upgraded to C6Z brakes and bigger wheels to clear. My 3800 hasn't changed much, the mockup engine/trans are in the chassis and the accessories are all on and done but I still need to get the coils mounted on the valve covers and machine my new fuel rail blanks for it. The exhaust should be real easy to get hammered out since it seems I have more room for the down pipe with the 3800.

,Dan

Attachments

• 13244847_714510012022912_2065403193429284738_n.jpg
    13244847_714510012022912_2065403193429284738_n.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 211
Here are some of the engine as it sits now, water neck is on the factory side so its the full size and clears the tensioner by a ways then I welded an AN fitting on the other side to run AN heater hoses. But the belt is on and everything seems to fit very nice, the hardware in the crank pulley will be changed for higher tensile strength hardware as well.

Attachments

• 12243018_10156190712260153_2162778641120342480_n.jpg
    12243018_10156190712260153_2162778641120342480_n.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 224
  • 12208703_10156190712390153_1970143400071941437_n.jpg
    12208703_10156190712390153_1970143400071941437_n.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 214
Any updates on where your at with this Brian?

My car has been very slow progress since I decided to build a whole new chassis for it, went to ridetech coilovers, and upgraded to C6Z brakes and bigger wheels to clear. My 3800 hasn't changed much, the mockup engine/trans are in the chassis and the accessories are all on and done but I still need to get the coils mounted on the valve covers and machine my new fuel rail blanks for it. The exhaust should be real easy to get hammered out since it seems I have more room for the down pipe with the 3800.

,Dan

Looks good. Why the build on the chassis, trying to make it have more torsional rigidity or was it necessary for the coil-overs?

My frame was messed up (bent and a couple rusted body mounts), and these chassis are terrible from the factory. I m building the car to handle and drive better for autox and other events. I wanted it to also look better and be powdercoated. I shaved all the holes on the front frame stubs as well to be clean. It's boxed, notched, front structure added, rear structure added and fully rewelded. In these pictures the new cross member isn't in yet. I don't want to clutter up this post with frame pictures that's not related.

,Dan

Attachments

• IMG_20160403_171745.jpg
    IMG_20160403_171745.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 207
  • IMG_20160403_171804.jpg
    IMG_20160403_171804.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 200
Hey Dan , I went through suspension , s10 brakes and all the body mounts on 3800 car so I know how that is.
Had some oiling issues with my we4 so been working on that.

Just sold my st2 car .
So been busy.

The 3800 car died on me couple weeks ago. ( control module) getting that in today. And I'll have it out at our little get together here in Houston tomorrow . But it runs great as soon as I had the heads up of placing the maf closer to the tb. It's a totally different car. Runs great! Great power, the 6265 really pulls. trans works good. So all in all good. I'm going to get a base line at the dyno soon and might invest in some good heads. I'd also still would like to get a Holley dominator efi for it to run sd. So we will see. I'm replacing all the trim and shocks soon and want to get it painted soon. More info coming soon. The threads not dead yet, lol.

Hey Dan , I went through suspension , s10 brakes and all the body mounts on 3800 car so I know how that is.

Just sold my st2 car .
So been busy.

The 3800 car died on me couple weeks ago. ( control module) getting that in today. And I'll have it out at our little get together here in Houston tomorrow . But it runs great as soon as I had the heads up of placing the maf closer to the tb. It's a totally different car. Runs great! Great power, the 6265 really pulls. trans works good. So all in all good. I'm going to get a base line at the dyno soon and might invest in some good heads. I'd also still would like to get a Holley dominator efi for it to run sd. So we will see. I'm replacing all the trim and shocks soon and want to get it painted soon. More info coming soon. The threads not dead yet, lol.

I'll be here to keep it alive. First I have to get my GN together, then pickup the 3800 block, then find trans and a roller to put it in. So at the rate I work, this thread will still be going for 10 years strong - LOL.

Lol , that's funny. Glad you still going to do the 3800!

Im still happy I did it. It's really makes great power even with the stock heads! It really feels like 450-500 rwp with 18-19psi , low timing
And more tuning on the way. The cars fast. And prob a Alki kit. Definitely more to come. And hoping on a dyno run soon!

Lol , that's funny. Glad you still going to do the 3800!

Im still happy I did it. It's really makes great power even with the stock heads! It really feels like 450-500 rwp with 18-19psi , low timing
And more tuning on the way. The cars fast. And prob a Alki kit. Definitely more to come. And hoping on a dyno run soon!
Yes I am. It might not go into the nicest vehicle, but I will do it. Block is and if it is not worth fixing, I'll find another one.

Just sold my st2 car .
So been busy.

Great to hear its up and rocking still! I'm interested in hearing what your power/boost numbers end up being. I don't recall is this a E85 car? Did you brick the ECU or what caused it to die? I built a plug and play MS3-Pro powered controller for the GNs a while back I plan to use on my car and CAN Network the Microsquirt (Trans Control) to it that way the ECU stuff looks factory still and has a ton of capability. Like my last engine, it will still have the Flex Fuel, 2-Step, Electric Boost control, Coil Per Plug Ignition, bluetooth, and so on. I think I am going to 3D print a new dash for my car to remove the factory gauge cluster completely and permanently install a tablet based system instead of having it ahead of the dash like it was previously for testing because it doesn't look as good. Since my car runs mainly on E85 with Methanol injection I ditched the front mount after-cooler for simplicity and a couple other benefits.

,Dan

Attachments

• IMG_20160130_010255.jpg
    IMG_20160130_010255.jpg
    811.3 KB · Views: 198
  • GNDASH.jpg
    GNDASH.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 209
No mine is not a e85 car but its a great idea. I do plan on running a Alki control set up on the car soon. single nozzle. Nah the pcm is fine ,The only thing not new on my engine was the sensors which as far as I can tell the control modual was starting to go south. So I replaced everything. Yeah your controller looks pretty slick. be interesting to see it work.

Needing help, guys. I'm starting to make more progress on my car and am seeking info on the setup for the front accessories (alternator, a/c, etc). What exact brackets, oem or custom, are needed to mount 87 GN accessories to the 3800 SII block?

Also, I have the accessories from my donor 98 Grand Prix GTP L67 and wanted to see which brackets are needed to mount those accessories to work in a turbo configuration similar to the GN (as in relocating the alternator to the drivers side). I'm trying to decide which is best for my application. So far, I picked up the Camaro brackets to mount the coil pack above the drivers side valve cover but that's it. Thanks!

image.jpeg image.jpeg You need to go back through the thread all that info I'd back in the first couple pages. I don't think any of the l67 accessories will work with any kind of forward facing intake.I get all fbody or the Gn acc will bolt on the head but custom pulleys are needed. This is how the Gn acc looks like bolted on.

Thanks! It'll get pricey to gather up all of the stock GN stuff but that might be the best way to go. Unfortunately, I sold my complete GN engine. I like how the alternator and a/c compressor mount so close. No way that long l67 a/c compresor will work. I'll be using a Stattama intake.

GetAttachment.jpg
well if you dont need ac the fbody acc would be easier but if you need ac a gn style might work out better
This is a old pic someone sent me along time ago with the fbody pulleys