who's from central IL?

zam70

->ROGUE
Who is from central Illinois? there's gotta be a few. Let me know - it'd be good to know....

I am from Macomb, Illinois it that helps. I believe there is a
Central Illinois Buick Club. It is in Peoria, but I have never been able to attend a meeting. Hope this helps and if I can be of any help let me know.

John Wilde

I am from Danville area used to live in Auburn form 95-2000 then moved. I used to own a grey 86tr and that car is virden now i think. Bought my Silver t in 98 didn't see many tr's around. Only one i knew was gary hetala from virden who had a gnx and sold it a couple of years ago.

I still try to make it over for the valco cruise great event, would of made last year but i was down. Later Sean

Well, I'm originally from Quincy but I'm going to school in Champaign right now. My dad bought an 86 grey T-type in Auburn, but I think it was before 1995.

There are about 3-4 TRs in the area here, but mine is sitting at home all smashed up (Dad hit a deer with it). I almost never see them out on the streets here, and when I do I'm in my beat up Charger.

I went to school with Gary H. and I know the guy who bought your T (at least I know a guy who bought a grey 86 T out of Auburn...got it CHEAP WTF was with that?)

Valco would be a great show for everyone to meet up at...it's centrally located and it's a good show/cruise.

Zam i sold the car to a guy named matt then he sold it to a guy in virden. How cheap did he buy it? I sold it to matt for 5500 with 140k on the clock.
Sold it because i seen rust in the doors and i new it was time to dump it. So how does my old car look like now? I can tell you this about that 86 i drove the dog sh!t out of that car and never had any problem like i do with my 87.
But more performance come with more problems.

Sean

Well, here's the story...
Car was in the local shopper, I saw the ad, I think it said 7500 or there abouts. Well a guy I know, not really a friend, but someone who was a regualr patron of my business (caraudio at the time) Pulls up in a grey T. I go out to look it over because I'd always liked them (didn't own one at the time...I do now though) and he told me he had just bought it out of the shopper. This guy was always lookin for a deal (he runs a pawn shop in Virden) So I knew he wouldn't pay top dollar for anything....anyway....

So I say "how much did you give for it?"

He tells me that when he goes down to look at the car the guy selling it is actually the owners father. The owner has gone off to the military or something and the dad is tired of paying his bills....SO dude offers him 2700 and he takes it WHERE WAS I???

Car looks decent dings and what not but a definate steal!

Hi Guys,

I don't have a turbo Regal (yet) but I am converting a '86 from a 307 Olds to a Buick 455 stage1 for a daily driver. I'm also building ( the love of my life) 1970 GS455 4-speed conv (1 of 126 built) with a 475ci TA Stage3 tall-port heads, Speed-Pro sequential EFI with a D3-M Procharger and a Jerico DR-4 backing it up!. Also has a Moser 9" with a Currie/Strange center section and billet 35-spline Detroit Locker. I'm in Decatur........

someone in Dectur is building something like that?!?!?! YOU GO BOY! I'll look froward to seing it!

Hello all, I live in peoria or their abouts. In response to wildone yes there is a club here and we meet every other sat. morning for breakfast at 8:00AM if you have any questions or would like to attend let me know

I live in Decatur Illinois, dont have a GN yet but i will buy the end of the year, I CANT WAIT, but there is a guy in town here that buys them cheaply not sure where but then he restores them and then he sells them, He will rebuild several and them sell some of them to pay for the others. He also has TTA that he restored.

I've seen his TTA at the Dacatur car show (good show by the way, just don't try to leave early...couple of years ago I had a cop threaten to arrest me for trying to leave early...). Sat right next to him 2 summers ago. There's usually a few here and there right here in Springfield...none that I know of right NOW but, let me know whe you're ready to buy...see if I can't locate one.

i go to school in champaign too. i saw a GN on campus the other day it made me realize how much i miss my car while being away at school. oh well only a few months to go.

I would be interested in TR events in Central IL, I am east in Paris. Let me know.

Hey guys. I'm also in Champaign (yipee). I'd like to go to some of your shows. Let me know and I'm there, I can probly get 2 or 3 more cars too.