whoa fog when i run the heater!!!!

E

Eighty2Regal

i put on my heater today and within minutes, my car was getting all foggy and cloudy with something? exhaust fumes???? my heater didnt put out hot air and then when i put my foot on the gass alittle it started putting out hot air...

Uh oh!

Sounds like you've got a leaky heater core. It's probably leaking anti-freeze and that's what's causing your fog.

my windows got all foggy and this somewhat of a reflectivenss showed up like rainbowish on the windshield. what the heck is this and like how much it cost to fix u think?

Heater cores are usually less than $70. Just a bit of a pain to replace but not too difficult to do yourself.

Antifreeze is poisonous when injested so I don't imagine the fumes will do you a whole lot of good.

i just spent 900 bucks on this car to pass inspection and now something else is broke i mean come on!!!

I replaced mine with a new heater core from O'Reilley Auto parts for $23.00 and an hour in the driveway. Make sure that you reseal the gutter cover or it will leak onto your floor board every time it rains :eek: .

One of the blessings of owning a G-body is that heater core R&R is probably the easiest of all GM cars. The fumes won't kill you. You can temporarily bypass the heater by removing the hoses and reconnecting them to each other. Otherwise you'll run it low on coolant and overheat it. GB

alright car is fixed hehehe
only thing i could wish was that it was as fast as a grand national.