Who wants to store my GN for the hurricane?

We have elected to stay. Keep us in your prayers. I will post after the storm has past(when we get electricity back up that is).

I feel I cannot leave the area and be stuck somewhere up north for days without being able to see about my business. If there is damage it needs to be attended to so I can get back up and running ASAP. Us Cajuns are stubborn people.;)

I have been thru every hurricane here since 1970 but this one is gonna be a little different.:redface:

Wish us luck.....

I understand your desire to stay. If things change Shreveport is not that far away and I have a spare room, and a dog that loves company and kids. They are also setting up a shelter on the base here that I could get you in if it comes to the worst. I'm sure even if you stay we can find a place to stick the GN up here. let me know.

Well, we are headed to Little Rock. This storm is going to be a bad one. I dont think that Lake Charles is going to have the storm surge we had with Rita though. I dont think that I would stay for this one. Especially not with the kids and wife. Go north young man!!! There are plenty of places to stay, you just have to dig a bit. Good Luck. Jeremy

Attachments

• storm.gif
    storm.gif
    37.6 KB · Views: 160
I totally understand wanting to stay to see about damage and your buiness BUT could you handle the thought of something happening to your wife and kids?? Many offers out here for you to come and be welcomed with open arms. You may want to think it over again and listen to your own advice!!! Load up, let the wife drive the GN behind you and get the he*& out of there!! :eek:

I have a fifth wheel camper and we will be deciding Saturday if we stay or go. If its a CAt 3 or above we are gone! I have never left Lafayete in 38 years but there is always a first. This is the first hurricane I would go thru with two liitle kids. I wont take a chance with that. I hate to leave my business and home and especially my GN behind but family comes first.

Im on the road as I type. This storm is gonna make Katrina look like a birthday party. In Hattiesburg right now and the traffic is just starting to flow. Still not maintaining 60mph. There's refugees at rest areas with no where to go.

My family and I are headed to pigeon forge, tn. I wanted to go somewhere where the kids wouldn't know what's going on. It's gonna be hard to explain to them if the worst happens.

Ed, call me. Get out, family first.

My car is on the trailer in my garage. If it gets flooded, oh well. I tried.

Places and businesses can be rebuilt, but families and lives can not....
There is no question here...move your a$$

Ditto, move out.

Speaking from someone who has no choice but to work in a storm, pack up and get out.
I don't have the option. At least the tug has generator power. During the last storm, I stayed working all day and night to keep the ships from breaking loose. Hoped the house was still intact when I got home. Lucky to have good neighbors to keep an eye on things.

Guys, If anyone needs a place to store their car I'm up here near Huntsville with DB. We can find a place I'll roll my truck out of the garage and we can find places for people too.

Heres the pics a day before the storm. All boarded up, food/water supplies for 7 days, generator full of gas with lots of extra gas jugs. Will put up post-storm pics a soon as I am able.

Ed

Attachments

• side shot.JPG
    side shot.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 132
  • FRTHOUSE.JPG
    FRTHOUSE.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 151
  • GAR.JPG
    GAR.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 148
  • EDCHAD.JPG
    EDCHAD.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 148
Looks like my gn will be sleeping in lafayette also...Just issued a flash flood advisory, with wind gusts predicted at 100 m.p.h....Todd

Im on the road as I type. This storm is gonna make Katrina look like a birthday party. In Hattiesburg right now and the traffic is just starting to flow. Still not maintaining 60mph. There's refugees at rest areas with no where to go.

My family and I are headed to pigeon forge, tn. I wanted to go somewhere where the kids wouldn't know what's going on. It's gonna be hard to explain to them if the worst happens.

Ed, call me. Get out, family first.

My car is on the trailer in my garage. If it gets flooded, oh well. I tried.
Smart Move! I live here in Pigeon Forge,TN and they are having a VERY HUGE rod run this week end and next. We will all be parked at the SHONEY's restraunt right before heading into gatlinburg. Member here (Donnie Brooks) is the manager there. Look for my White (GN-X-Ray) and Donnies (1 of 5) T-Type's parked out front.

I sent you a PM with my number..

*** To you people staying, I hope your okay and please keep us posted on how your doing..

Scot W.

Just to follow up on my my thread: Rode out the storm at home. The eye passed right over my city. We faired well compared to alot of people. Down south of my city is a disaster area. Morgan city, Houma, etc... We have electricty, family is fine and the GN is all good. Going thru one of these storms is a religious experience....just like "no aethiests in foxholes";)

Over 500,000 without electricity south of I-10.. Roads blocked by trees, power lines down. It took 4 days for 2 million people to leave and they all want to come back at the same time.:eek: Its gonna be crazy!!