Who Sprays Nitrous?

Thanks man. No to the alky but I'd like to install a kit. I've got a coolingmist kit in the garage I may install one day. I will probably get it on the 75 shot before the season is up. The tune is very fat right now so I think there is some power to be had in tuning. The timing is very conservative also with only 16.5*. It really needs to go on a dyno to get it dialed in a little better.

Thanks man. No to the alky but I'd like to install a kit. I've got a coolingmist kit in the garage I may install one day. I will probably get it on the 75 shot before the season is up. The tune is very fat right now so I think there is some power to be had in tuning. The timing is very conservative also with only 16.5*. It really needs to go on a dyno to get it dialed in a little better.

It gets real interesting with a 125 shot :)

Do you have any videos? IT would be nice to see a dyno and a track video.. Timing seem to be on track. If the tune is FAT, yes you got alot but NOS will level out the tune...

It forgot to ask what is the write up on your car? Cam, injectors, torque convertor and ECM...

Not really any current video's except some idling vids. I'm going to get some on my action camera though. The setup is a built 260ci supercoupe base block, splitport heads, comp hyd 218/224 114* .580 (idles -18 hg), sd 80lb injectors, and stock ecm tuned with sct advantage III software, and it has a single disc lu converter from Andre at edge converters. Shifting around 6200rpm. 373 gears and mh drag radials on 16" rim.

Well I found a deal on a nitrous kit that I couldn't pass up. It's a basic bare bones NOS Sniper EFI kit, and I think i'll give it a go with 35hp pills. the turbine housing on my new turbo is .82 A/R which I imagine is going to take all week to spool, so I plan on running the spray off of either a hobbs switch or a MAP sensor to open the circuit once I hit a desired level of boost. lets see how this plays out.

Well I found a deal on a nitrous kit that I couldn't pass up. It's a basic bare bones NOS Sniper EFI kit, and I think i'll give it a go with 35hp pills. the turbine housing on my new turbo is .82 A/R which I imagine is going to take all week to spool, so I plan on running the spray off of either a hobbs switch or a MAP sensor to open the circuit once I hit a desired level of boost. lets see how this plays out.

Run it off a microswitch via tb

Edelbrock deactivation switch and a throttle position micro switch for activation will work for what you are doing. 50hp shot works very well on my setup for spool.

Edelbrock deactivation switch and a throttle position micro switch for activation will work for what you are doing. 50hp shot works very well on my setup for spool.
What he said.. Start small work your way up .. 100 is about as much as you wanna go for reliability reasons

Bigs and littles on the car finally. Now time to hurt some feelings...

Attachments

• IMG_20150816_201244_946.jpg
    IMG_20150816_201244_946.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 197
Figured I'd share this over here. 2700rpm launch on 2 step, 50hp nitrous to light the turbo off. Basiclly just bumping the button you can see and hear when the nitrous is activated and builds boost instant. Car run 6.7x 102 mph on 16psi. Car is working great! Now to turn it up a little next Friday to see if I can get it to 20psi. Hit the HD button to see in better quality!
https://www.facebook.com/johnny.thompson.984786/videos/487531664757133/

Here's a NOS set-up Mike Fujita fab'd and was running on his GN in the mid-90s. He was also spraying into the i/c and right before the turbo. His therioes back then were to cool charge temp and spool-up quicker.

Attachments

• 1442684125963.jpg
    1442684125963.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 186
  • 1442684158184.jpg
    1442684158184.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 206
  • 1442684180033.jpg
    1442684180033.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 182
  • 1442684204098.jpg
    1442684204098.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 185

That 6766 cea turbo spools very fast & makes a lot of power . You won't need any nitrous. Focus on the tune & don't be scared of boost .

I use nitrous as a band aid cause my converter is so tight and my intercooler isn't up to par. Also keep it handy if I need an extra bump against those turbo v8s on the street.