Who sells the GOOD GNX Louvers?

Project TNX

I bought my GNX Louvers from Poston's last year, and I haven't installed them on the car yet. I was cleaning out my garage yesterday, gearing up to get ready to put a few marathons in on Project TNX so I can finally drive this car and I gingerly, and I mean gingerly toss my GNX louvers about 6 feet onto the grass and one broke right in half. :(

If my memory serves me correctly there are 2 different kinds of louvers floating around, so if someone knows which one is inherently better please point me in the right direction, thanks. :cool:

**My garage was a mess, one big embarrassing mess, I couldn't even get to my toolbox because I had so much crap in there, and finding my tools required a treasure map, lol. :eek:

I know Poston's used Kirbans as a vendor for the ones I got. Browsing Ebay I saw that Danko Reproductions makes a set that they say is different than the brittle ones. They are $20.00 more than Kirban's, and the shipping is overpriced, but the question at hand is if they are Kirban's vendor or not.

Danko's: $84.00 with shipping, ouch.

eBay Motors: BUICK GRAND NATIONAL GNX LOUVERS / VENTS (item 270231507009 end time May-23-08 21:34:56 PDT)

c8_1_s.JPG

Kirbans: $60.90 with shipping

eBay Motors: 86 87 Grand National T Type GNX Fender Louvers (item 250129754390 end time May-07-08 20:33:10 PDT)

20f2_1_b.JPG

I've got a perfect pair of the Dankos that I'll sell for $60.00 plus shipping. Pics if you want 'em. OH YEAH- They've never been on a car.

Additionally- I've had both Kirban's and Danko's. Totally different materials. Danko's are cast, Kirban's vacuum formed.

Be carefull with Danko reproductions. I went down to their shop since they are local for me to buy body fillers for the front and rear and a set of GNX louvers. I wanted their louvers because I had a set I got from them a couple years back that were very good quality. When I got his new ones in my hands I could not believe the were from the same company because they looked like hell:mad: they were about 1/2" thick around the edges and would have looked rediculous on the car. When I pointed the thicknes out to him he said yeah that does not look right but give him a few minutes and he would shave them down to make them look right:eek: and they only came out like that because he changed his workers and that they were not doing too good. I did not take the louvers and I am letting you guys know this because it seems like its hit or miss with them because my bumper fillers dont fit too good either no where close to the ones on my brothers car that we got from there a few years ago:rolleyes:

The louvers I have on my car now are from Postons and I'm happy with them since the Danko reproductions were all wrong the second time around.

I bought these almost two years ago, and they are perfectly formed. Musta been before that change in employees took place, or maybe after they learned the ropes!

I bought these almost two years ago, and they are perfectly formed. Musta been before that change in employees took place, or maybe after they learned the ropes!

Send me the pics, I'm ready to go, if I have the energy when I get home I am putting the template on and cutting the fender tonight. :cool:

Did you get my PM Brent? I need your e-mail addy;) ! I wouldn't make any holes in your Regal until you fit the template to the louvers.