Who makes the best Radiator

Well, I hate to even say it, but my CAS aluminum is awesome. But ordering from him is kinda risky. I had no problems, but this was years ago. Nick Micale makes a nice one, check it out. I've heard good things about it. Also lots of guys running the Be-cool unit with good results too. good luck!

I'm running the B Cool, a hell of a big radiator and half the weight on my 4 core. Kenny and TurboJustin are running Griffins radiators but you have to run an external oil cooler.
B Cool runs a lot cooler than my 4 core did.
Tarey D.

2 words...... NICK MICALE. put that in the search screen and hit enter. you will find out who makes the best.

www.ArizonaGN.com order it now along with some RMI and dont look back you will not regret it

Haven't upgraded the buick radiator yet, but I ran a 1 1/4" Be-cool in an 85 S-10 with a 400sbc. It worked so well It took me months to get around to putting a fan on it. As long as I was going 10-15 mph it wouldn't overheat. And the temp never even climbed durring a run. Awesome radiator. Only problem, and the reason the GN doesn't have one, (other than I don't need it yet:) ) is the price. That's my 02

I also use Nick's. It was 118 yesterday and with the A/C on full no cooling problems. Not sure why I took the car out, I guess I was tired of just driving the truck.

Radiators

I also use a high efficiency radiator from Nick, car stays pretty cool even on high speed treks from the high desert in Cali to Vegas in the middle of summer.

Is the Be-Cool aluminum radiator a 2 row or 3 row core? The local speed shop here has a 2 row aluminum radiator (supposedly with both the oil and trans coolers in it). I wonder how it would cool?

Originally posted by juicdstang
I am looking for the best radiator i can put in my car. I would prefer aluminum.

Kenny Holmes Big tube GN radiator !!!

Holmes Radiator in Daveport , Iowa

I also have Nick Micale's radiator and am very happy with it.... Also, Nick Micale's customer service is second to none! Very good guy to deal with:) :cool:

I am sure that the radiators mentioned above are of excellent quality. But I just did the F-body radiator swap with external oil and tranny coolers and am VERY pleased with the results. I was wanting to go external on the coolers anyway because it never made sense to me to use hot fluids to cool hot fluids, but in all fairness, by the time you buy everything for the f-body swap, including coolers, you are probably getting close to the price of the above ones. Do a search and decide for yourself.

BeCools are 2 row. I have one and the car won't run hot enough. I had to have the ME-R fan turn on raised to 175. Even still, any forward motion and it barely runs 162ish with the FM.

Originally posted by Pitbozz
I am sure that the radiators mentioned above are of excellent quality. But I just did the F-body radiator swap with external oil and tranny coolers and am VERY pleased with the results. I was wanting to go external on the coolers anyway because it never made sense to me to use hot fluids to cool hot fluids, but in all fairness, by the time you buy everything for the f-body swap, including coolers, you are probably getting close to the price of the above ones. Do a search and decide for yourself.

i agree, that 89 camaro radiatior is kick butt!

it is a large single row radiator, but it is really efficient-

here in kc we have 4 guys running that NAPA radiator [modine 951] ;) :cool:
ZAKS car only hits 170 in 101 degree heat, front mount, stock GN radiatior fan sitting in traffic :)

we just delete the oil cooler and get a stack plate design trans cooler and we are good to go-

anyone get a discount on modine radiators?
napa's walkin price is 175.00 for that rad, i know it can be found cheaper somewhere???

Well i broke down and bought the be-cool very nice piece. In traffic with a front mount car will not go over 180 !@!!! How sweet is that ??? Of course at 480.00 bucks it should BE-COOOOL

:eek: $480 :eek: I take back my statement that the price would be comparable after buying the seperate coolers!!

I also run Nicks radiator. Very good unit. Temps went down 15 degrees.

I also sell BeCool radiators. If anyone wants one, just email me and I will get you a price!

Thanks!:)

with a becool rad, rc dual fans and distilled h2o/RMI20(ultimate cooling setup IMHO) my car runs at 152-157 with the ac on and dual fans on in traffic in 80 degree temps.. Im happy as a clam

Re: Re: Who makes the best Radiator

Originally posted by BLACKHAWK38
Kenny Holmes Big tube GN radiator !!!

Holmes Radiator in Daveport , Iowa

This radiator has worked absolutely perfect in my Buick for the past 3 years. Houston's humid 100° weather isn't even a match for this radiator. That's w/ the a/c on too!!!