Who knows about snow plows?

John84GN

Nice Monte...
I want to get a snow plow for my truck:

1985 GMC Sierra Reg. cab long bed...

I've done some research about them, and there's just SO MANY different ones that I'm at a loss :rolleyes: I'm sure a fellow board member knows somehting, or even has one...feel free to chime in...I don't what to spend an arm or a leg, but I figure it would pay for itself within a year...

John

A v-plow will make your jobs MUCH quicker. They are more expensive, but if you get paid per job (not hourly), a v-plow is the way to go. Also, look into the newer ones with the quick release. You drive right into the plow, the mount slides into the plow, then latch it and you are good to go. Otherwise you usually need a few guys to help you hook it up.

Originally posted by Russ Merritt
8' Fisher minute mount here, thank god!:D

Talk to anybody in the business...............8' Fisher minute mount is the caddy of the industry. Most durable, most reliable!!! ;)

Originally posted by AintGoinSlo
A v-plow will make your jobs MUCH quicker. They are more expensive, but if you get paid per job (not hourly), a v-plow is the way to go. Also, look into the newer ones with the quick release. You drive right into the plow, the mount slides into the plow, then latch it and you are good to go. Otherwise you usually need a few guys to help you hook it up.

The Western Ultra is less than 5 minutes to drop and drive and less than 5 minutes to hook-up. The nice thing about the western is it has two slide pins, slide them and drop and backup, once you backup you really see nothing on on your truck, the lights and all are one piece. We install them at our Ford dealership takes about 3 hours from wire harness and brackets.

V-Plows are the best however compare 8 foot blade $3200.00 V-Plow about $6200.00.

Fisher, Western and there is another one i am not sure of they use it in Canada suppose to be very good. Any of these 3 and you will be in good shape providing you take care of it. :cool:

All Plows have the same Concept, So you cant go wrong with anyone. The only differance is the mount.. Chevy,Ford,Dodge old style New, so on and so on.. THis part can get expensive.. We, do all of ours ourselfs..

now is really not the time to buy a Plow..;) If you can wait, hold off untill summer when everybody is putting payments on a Plow that they have owned for 2years that cost them 5grand, and have only used ahalf dozen times..:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Buy a Used one with the right mount, and go hit some drifts.:D

A good used plow will cost around 1,000/1,500.... Just make sure the seals dont leak, and check out the cutting edge to tell how much wear it has..

matt:cool: