Who is running the fastest with the least amount of upgrades?

Check out sig.I dont have the least amount but its alright.I know there has been people in the 10s with less than I have and 49.Those are the ones that should post and check out some of the old combos on gn/ttype.Thise guys went fast with what they had because they didnt have much back then.Find the tim stockwell story,those times with what he had will make you think your doing something wrong.

Yeah i read about Tim Stockwell some years ago and he was impressive with what he did with that car.

I was in a local machine shop a while back and the machinist made the comment that GN's were fast and that they could run in the 10's with just a computer chip upgrade. I told him that they are fast but it would take more than just a chip to run that fast in one.

Some of you are very close though with very few upgrades.

Thanks for all your inputs. :)

bigger isn't always better :biggrin:
Keep It Simple :biggrin:
Yeah i read about Tim Stockwell some years ago and he was impressive with what he did with that car.

I was in a local machine shop a while back and the machinist made the comment that GN's were fast and that they could run in the 10's with just a computer chip upgrade. I told him that they are fast but it would take more than just a chip to run that fast in one.

Some of you are very close though with very few upgrades.

Thanks for all your inputs. :)
So how fast do you run with all that high dollar stuff on your car???

Bone stock 87 T.
No scan tool.
VP Fuels.
Homemade adjustable wastegate actuator.
50 PSI boost.
6.26 @ 210.87.
Once.

1.61 @ 114 with a 1.6 60 on heavy car steel whells through mufflers with a duttneck and ta-49 on pump gas and alky. since then i got weld prostars and a 24 row stretched and 50 pounders. looking for high 10's to low 11's

Man,some of you guy's are flying with not many upgrades at all.

I remember reading an article in a magazine back in the early 90's about a guy running 11.10 with a ta33 turbo by John Craig and an air to water intercooler can't recall any other parts in the combo or his name though.

I suppose i should just be grateful to remember anything at all,now that i'm over a half century years old. :cool: