Who has the fastest stock ECM "chip" TR??

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
I know somebody had told me a while back that there was one guy named Jeff Harrington who used a ME chip with a stock MAF on his Stage II car and was running in the high to mid 9 second range, but then I was told that a guy by the name of Dave Poppey(sp) had been running 9.40's with his Stage II car that had a stock MAF and a Red Armstrong chip so I'm a bit confused as to who is the fastest or if anybody really knows for sure:confused:

If anybody knows please chime in:) :cool:

Dave Poppe from Ohio does in fact run mid nines with a chip and maf...Mark Jackson is not far behind him I think.

STP, thanks for the response!:)

I guess there are a couple guys going mid 9's with a stock modified ECM/chip setup, but nobody knows for sure who is the fastest:confused::cool:

I'd say Dave aka Dr.Boostenstein is the fastest stock ecm...but I could be wrong.

Fast with a Stock ECM

I believe Terry Houston went 9.42 with a stock ECM and Red's chip 5 or 6 years ago, not sure if it is the fastest but flying non the less. Dave

Well sounds like there are a few that have been mid 9's with a stock ECM/chip setup.... That is pretty damn impressive IMO!

Thanks for the info:)

Originally posted by Mac in SD
Naaahhh... Can't be done. Gotta have a FAST!
:D :D :D

Mac, I remember that thread in the Stage II tech section;) Never said it can't be done, but it seems like running 9's is a lot easier and safer with a system like a FAST or the Accel DFI Gen7.... I like seeing guys pushing the limits of the stock stuff and if you can run 9's with a stock ECM/chip and MAF by all means go right ahead and do it:cool: You will get much respect from me and FWIW I find that to be very impressive!

Good luck with your quest for the 9's with your Stage II beast and doing it with the stock ECM:)

Originally posted by STP
Dave Poppe from Ohio does in fact run mid nines with a chip and maf...Mark Jackson is not far behind him I think.
poppe 9.49 jackson 9.55 both on reds chips and stock intakes and throttle bodies both are ready for norwalk me im not ready yet motor hanging on hoist ready to go in anybody know the schedual for friday peace Bret rudbeck