Who has the best deal on roll cage??

BOTLFED

1 Fast Mother Fogger!
Was wondering if there are any better deals out there on 4 or 6 point cages other than summit or jegs and if not any specs were i can get dimensions on the main hoop if so, i have access to a pipe bender and welder so i make my own thanks :cool:

BOTLFED said:
Was wondering if there are any better deals out there on 4 or 6 point cages other than summit or jegs and if not any specs were i can get dimensions on the main hoop if so, i have access to a pipe bender and welder so i make my own thanks :cool:

Cromoly or mild steel? I always buy from s&w racecars and they have always been extremely polite and helpful. They are good about beating their competitors prices for me as well. :)

A roll cage is not something i would be looking for the best deal on. I would be looking for the best fabricator in your aera to do a custom install.

1320n10 said:
A roll cage is not something i would be looking for the best deal on. I would be looking for the best fabricator in your aera to do a custom install.

>>>Hi Walt........hope all's well.

Walt's 100% correct, when I had an 8 point cage/halo done in chrome molly I went to Wild Rides in Farmingdale, NJ best around NJ IMO.

Professionally done and top notch and it was like $1,500 if I remember correct, you get what you pay for and as far as safety goes I don't go cheap, fire suppression system went in next and for $500 it's the best $500 you can spend IMO.

Then again it depends how fast you want to go, 9.99 and slower a rollbar will suffice if you want to go quicker then the cage is needed.

Best of luck in your choice.

How fast you want to go. And how fast you end up going may be two different things!!!!!

1320n10 said:

I agree as well.

Myself and probably 3-4 other guys in the area have had roll bars done in the past 2-3 years and results vary WIDELY. Be sure to see some of his previous work in person and also make it PERFECTLY CLEAR to him what you want and don't want done.

Remember, you get what you pay for.

P.S. I think S&W makes a pretty decent 6-point "kit" that can serve as the basis for your car. Myself and another friend have it.

-Banning.

Buicksx2 said:
>>>Hi Walt........hope all's well.

Walt's 100% correct, when I had an 8 point cage/halo done in chrome molly I went to Wild Rides in Farmingdale, NJ best around NJ IMO.

Professionally done and top notch and it was like $1,500 if I remember correct, you get what you pay for and as far as safety goes I don't go cheap, fire suppression system went in next and for $500 it's the best $500 you can spend IMO.

Then again it depends how fast you want to go, 9.99 and slower a rollbar will suffice if you want to go quicker then the cage is needed.

Best of luck in your choice.

Did they also do your fire system install? ( I personally feel all cars past 12.99 should have one but thats just me) Also do you have there phone number handy?

thanks alot
jim barnes

*edit*
found there web site but still would like to know about the fire system

Good Info

Thanks guys for the info i think i will start with S&W and then add on to that. Out here the Rock Crawling guys are big time and my friend is really into that fabricating his rock crawler him self...AND HAS PUT HIS CAGE TO THE TEST :eek: ..if you know what i meen... so i will prabaly have him help me with the install and add on a couple more points...As far as the fire suppresion system i have always been interested in it i run alot of bottle now and the car has alot of fiberglass and carbonfiber i dont need a melt down happening :( so if you have any info on the system you put in your cars i will check it out ..Thanks again for the info

ttypewe4jim said:
Did they also do your fire system install? ( I personally feel all cars past 12.99 should have one but thats just me) Also do you have there phone number handy?

thanks alot
jim barnes

*edit*
found there web site but still would like to know about the fire system

>>>Hi Jim,

No they did not do the fire system, I installed it myself. I bought it from Summit Racing and the company is called FireBottle, it was $500 and is a full Halon system. I mounted the bottle on the hump on the back floor and ran the tubing to where I wanted it. I have a nozzle in the drivers compartment thats mounted under near the steering wheel and I have two nozzles pointing towards the top of the motor and another nozzle shooting up from the bottle of the motor.

It was easy to do and well worth the money IMO, best $5oo you can spend.

Best of luck.