Who drives their Buick Daily why or why not?

Every day for the past 4 Months I've owned it. Having the most unique car in school at 17 is awesome :D. I have put about 3k miles on this car. The only time I did not drive this car was when I gave it a week to do a top end rebuild and powdercoat. I plan to let her rest for the winter so I can finally rebuild her tired suspension, push the exhaust up from the ground (whoever isntalled it left it way too low), and maybe get her 11.5 second parts on money permitting. I think the winter time I have with her will be just as fun as the driving time :D.

ZNix

Drove my first GN daily from 1990 to 2006 & racked up 230,000 miles (until it was stolen). The current GN went from 55,000 miles in 2006 to 113,000 miles this year. Both driven in rain & snow. It's pretty much relegated to weekends and nice weekdays now though. I'll be slapping Antique plates on it in a couple months.

Hey: Do what you want, it's your car! I drove mine (87gn) every day until I retired, put 50k on the car. I even got caught at the office when the snow came, and drove the thing back home in the snow, more times than I can remember, not fun, but we made it every time. Now i drive it once or twice a week, only to safe places, there are two many a-holes here in RI waiting to steal it, so I only take it were I know it is not going to get skidded up on some flatbed. I wish I could drive it everyday, as i always felt it drove better when I got it out every day??
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

Dave

Little snow won't hurt ya :p

Attachments

• bluest30.JPG
    bluest30.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 255
My GN is a weekend warrior garage queen. I have to put down ramps just to get it out of the driveway (if we weren't selling the house I'd either have the drive way leveled/extended or have driveway wide metal ramp bolted down).

Little snow won't hurt ya :p

Nope. Ice either. Here's my GN after an ice storm last winter. (Cue Metallica, Trapped Under Ice.)

trapped_under_ice.jpg

In 2009 we had torrential downpours in July and the company parking lot flooded. The GN wound up right on the edge with the 'tide' licking at the tires. :eek:

chelsea_lake_sm.jpg

These are the fun things those that drive these cars get to experience. :p

First GN was driven 50k in under 4 yrs. Went on trips from MI to Chicago, Bowling Green, Florida and & Cali. Drove from spring to fall, spent MI winters in the garage.
This one 10K in 9 years.
Difference.. first one was stock, this one ain't :)

I'd love to DD mine but it would have to be Fred Flinstone style right now.

Peter

you have to appreciate a man that tells you what air freshener he likes on his SIG... williamsGN :biggrin:

If I have enough time to get it out of the garage and get to where I need to be.
I havent fixed the A/C so no real hot weather. It take longer to warm up than my daily driver. That means it needs to be warmed up to be comfortable to drive to work when its cold out. No rainy days because washing it is more work than my current day job. Can't take it to the mall, movies, or any place like that. Trailer it to the track, they are all like 80 miles away, might break it. So like 20 passes and 1500 street miles a year. Not much in some eyes but a respectable amount for Chicago.

I drive my 87 TR everyday to and from work, school, cruise nights, or wherever I have to go. Drive it in the summer and have the A/C cranking at 40 Degrees! In the winter.. well we dont have one down here in south texas, coldest it will probably get is 35! Pretty reliable so far with about 115k on the clock. Honestly the only thing I don't like about it being my only form of transportation is that i can't afford to have it down for more than a weekend! Definitely the only car of its kind at my college lol

I bought mine new in 87 because I wanted something I liked to drive every day for 8 months a year. Did so for 25 years. I decided I would retire it so I could keep it as is for another 25 years. So, this year, I bought a new Challenger that I hope gives me as much daily driving pleasure for the next 25 years like the GN did.

I did for 7 years from, 2001 thru 2008, 155k miles thru 230k. I got the engine rebuilt and now I drive it on weekends.
I stopped driving it when gas prices hit $4, and bought a miser Saturn. even after full insurance on both, I save money.
Once I finish some more work such as paint, seat covers, new AC, and maybe a tranny rebuild...I might start driving it again.

Car was bought new in 87....I DD'd, street raced and drag raced the crap out of my GN from 2000 until aug last year. She has over 200k on it runs well into the elevens and the head gaskets are seeping under hard boost (alky pump died from contaminated fuel and they took a big Knock hit in early 2010 street racing). WIth that said I drove the car with headgaskets leaking and copperflake (front cam bearing im thinking) in the oil pan from St PAul to BG and back just to do one last big trip and she used 2 1/2 tanks of gas and 3/4 of a qt of oil. And drove flawless and I took her to 5800 a few times doing a burnout at teh stripp and on the drive!!! Call me crazy and everyone said I shouldnt but I had things set up for a trailer if needed. Was running around 72 mph going down and 78 mph on the way back once I had a pack of vettes ahead of me across WI and had the cruise set on 106 just kinda satying back a 1/8 mile staye at that speed for a hour and 15 min!!

All those years of driving I always had a small tool kit in the car and a spare MAF (i have had to pull over a few times and change the maf as it would go out randomly) other than that the heads have never been off all stock.

Biggest PITA was trannys and crap builders (look up my post and you will see teh one that really got me!!!) car had had about 11 transmissions in it and 5 convertors, Stock turbo started seeping on the comp side at 124 k and alky was installed at that point with the new turbo.

As far as the engine goes she has been great and REALLY took a beating and has surprised alot of people on the street.

Best way I can put it is its going to dollar you to death. Keep it tuned up and oil changed, etc, etc, dont detonate it do the basic up keep and itll run for a loooong time.

Oh yeah and the pass side rear upper front control arm bushing is gonna be fried on a DD with alot of miles and will need replacing and the poly only gives you another few years vs rubber as the die to.

Shes getting a all forged zimmerman roller ported etc etc engine im building through the winter to be put in this spring. Shes off the road now but has been a good one. First time teh engine has been out since she was put in at the factory.