white smoke

dele1981

i have a 1987 grand national it blows white smoke out of the exhaust the engine was rebuilt by a dealer.I took the car to them and they told me the turbo was going bad. So i took the car to a turbo place in michigan and they put a turbo on the car and its doing the same thing they told me they werent sure what the problem was. Is there any solutions out there if so please respond

White smoke usually is a sign of coolant in the cylinders. On GN's that is commonly due to a blown head gasket from detonation, caused by a cylinder going to lean.

^^^ What he said but you may also have a leak where the intake mates up with the heads. Not common but it does happen.

there is no sign of a head gasket being blown the oil is normal its not leaking no where i was told that it could be the valve seals.

white smoke= moisture in the exhaust
black smoke= rich fuel condition
blue smoke= oil burning in the exhaust

it only does it when the car is reved not at an idle it starts fine and everything spark plugs are normal and water level is full i just dont understand

Do a compression test. That will tell you more on the condition of the engine.

Like BAD said, if it were valve seals the smoke would be bluish and would mainly happen under deceleration.

White smoke is steam from moisture(water) in the exhaust. Does the smoke linger or does it dissipate? Oil smoke usually drifts with the wind. Water vapor is usually quickly absorbed into the air.

it lingers then its gone so i will have the compression test done and take it from there

oil

i had my grand national checked and they found oil in the sixth cylinder spark plug was covered in oil what causes this

oil in cylinder

i was told a possible head gasket and now when u drive it it hesitate some times