White coating on the inside of exhaust turbo housing

hmmmm. I just put on my ATR D/P the other day and noticed the same thing in my stock elbow when I took it off. I thought it was from the race gas cause I have C16 in it?????

dang time to take the plugs off.

the O2 looks fine normal color.

the white is something i have never seen.

hmmm definitely been using alky a lot lately, that might be it.

ws6formula50 , did you check your plugs?

havent checked my plugs yet. If it was lean, it would have been when I changed the turbo 2-3 weeks ago and didnt bump up the FP for about a week. So that may be what its from....I will go pull a plug here after dinner and repost

pulled all the plugs, broke 1 of course, ok, needed to step to the next range anyway. They were partially coated too, so I am led to belive that it is/was from being lean when I changed my turbo and didnt up the FP :eek:

Originally posted by ws6formula50
pulled all the plugs, broke 1 of course, ok, needed to step to the next range anyway. They were partially coated too, so I am led to belive that it is/was from being lean when I changed my turbo and didnt up the FP :eek:

broke one plug... let me guess... #6? lol

broke one plug... let me guess... #6? lol

Lol, actuall it was #4....dont ask me...

5ltretr ws6 ,

what turbo did you get ? what was your FP before and after ?

I got a TE44, my FP was 42 before and 45 after line off, I think, or damn close to it. But it was at least a week before I bumped it up...cause Im a tard

I was just informed by RedsHotAir that it was the C16 leaving the residue in my car. I replaced the plugs anyway with the CR42TS plugs.