Which sub to get for around $100-150?

dfast1

Power Stroked
The 12" comp vr is the one the i am thinking about getting. found them for sell for around $90 which is a excellent deal. My amp is Crunch VU drive rated at 1200 rms;) but it seems plenty powerful.
Any ideas? Oh this sub is going in a 90 firebird formula. I can make the box myself.

How much better would the shiva be against the Kicker VR? I really don't know what my amp pushes at four ohms but it seemed to have a plenty of power for the Kicker VR.

One other question. Lets say 1 sub puts out 110 dbls. at 4ohms.
What happens when you bridge two subs at 2ohms. How much louder would it be roughly. Also should i get the 12 or a 15?

Originally posted by dfast1
One other question. Lets say 1 sub puts out 110 dbls. at 4ohms.
What happens when you bridge two subs at 2ohms. How much louder would it be roughly. Also should i get the 12 or a 15?

If you take 2 4 ohm subs and wire them parallel (+ to + & - to -) it will show a 2 ohm load which will make a 2 ohm mono stable amp produce more power but you will lose some clarity at that impedence. The loudness will be determined at what the amps output will be at various loads. The higher the resistance, the cleaner it will play but will lose some power output. The lower the resistance, the more power the amplifier will put out.

One thing that you need to make sure is that the load on the amplifier not be any less than what it is recomended because it will get hot and shut down.

As far as which size sub to get, figure how much trunk space you will have to play with and go from there.

Iam going to a new set up and got a Boston acoustics 12.5 pro series sub for sale. Its in very good condition. The Bostons are a high end sound quality sub and they handle alot of power. They cost $300 new and Ill sell you this one for $150. Its a single 4 ohm voice coil sub which is what you need because the amp you have is made to run 4 ohm bridged.
take a look here if interested:

http://www.bostonacoustics.com/SeriesPage.asp?ID=27&SpecID=6

you will have to do a copy paiste to your address bar because I forget how to set this to be a direct link.

I think i am goin to get a single Tempest. So far i hear nothing but great things about these subs. Plus they even have a three year warranty. I have already started making the Box which will fit into the opening under the hatch. Hopefully i can get enough volume to port it. Might have to try and make a fiberglass enclosure to get enough volume. Thanks for everyone's help.