Which scanmaster for me???

Thanks...Any other options "scanner" options besides the scan master?

Would data logging be a better?

Scanmaster is good for "on the fly" monitoring. Power logger which IMO go hand and hand with the SM is good for logging...

Ok so the better question would be besides the scan master and data logging setup for the scanmaster?

are there any other options or recommendations for monitoring engine performance and data logging in real time?

And And might a new ECM that has tuning ability like the old DFI be a better route?

if you want logging for stock ecu there is power logger from bob bailey (fullthrottlespeed.com or eric at turbotweak) and you can watch realtime with a laptop...but besides running a laptop to a logger which is nearly impossible to watch realtime at WOT the scanmaster is it..except for a casper led knock meter , you wont find any other dash top type of real time monitor for a 25+yr old obd1 ecu ...

if you want a more advanced ecu ...XFI but be prepared to pony up some $$ but you wont need the Scanmaster 2.1 or powerlogger , but you might want to add a scanmaster 3 for XFI or an edash for Xfi

...if you want a little cheaper ... no vehicle speed / lockup command /egr or additional input ability ...find a used FAST classic (speedpro) , i wouldnt even bother with accel dfi since you will need an old dos laptop to tune with it and it doesn't have wideband or closed loop AF correcting like the fast classic or XFI

for most Erics ( turbotweak) 5.7 chip has more than enough tune ability for WOT , he takes care of the driveability , Eric aslo offers SD chips for more advanced tuning where you have much more control than just WOT

Last edited:
Thanks. Seems like a hard choice to make. Think I have a non stock chip.. Haven't gotten a chance to look. Been workin a lot and trying to get a few exterior items fixed...

Thinking maybe just go with the scanmaster an d data logger set...
Any suggestions where to get the set and who to talk to?

Thanks