Which scan tool? Debating on Powerlogger or Scanmaster.

BlackLC2burd

I am getting close to finishing the lc2 swap in my 1968 firebird and was debating on either getting the scanmaster or powerlogger as a scan tool. The engine is pretty much stock for now and plan on getting a tt chip for the stock setup just to get the car road worthy. I do plan on getting alcohol injection and 60lb injectors in the near future as i have an lm1 wideband already installed in the car. I do have the caspers audible knock gauge to monitor knock. Will that be enough to monitor knock? I can only afford 1 scan tool right now and I know both would be better, but i figured if I keep an eye on the wideband and listen for knock with the audible detector, I should be fine. Is the audible knock detector sufficient enough or will the scanmaster be a better tool for me right now? I do plan on taking advantage of the wideband tracking the powerlogger has when i get injectors, that is why i am leaning on the powerlogger. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

For the amount of money they both cost (not a real lot) I'd start with the scanmaster and save up for the powerlogger.

By the time you are familiar with everything the scanmaster is telling you about your car and it's tune, you will be ready to upgrade (cash saved) with the powerlogger add on, and new scanmaster 2.2 chip for rapid updates.

Just my .02 that you will probably want/need both to help tune and monitor the car.

For the amount of money they both cost (not a real lot) I'd start with the scanmaster and save up for the powerlogger.

By the time you are familiar with everything the scanmaster is telling you about your car and it's tune, you will be ready to upgrade (cash saved) with the powerlogger add on, and new scanmaster 2.2 chip for rapid updates.

Just my .02 that you will probably want/need both to help tune and monitor the car.

plus 1

Both if you can afford it, but SCANMASTER first if you only get 1.

:biggrin: