Which one?

Robbie_85GN

I have enough money for one or the other... Should I get the ScanMaster first or the HotWire setup from Racetronix? Thanks guys. I don't have an AFPR as of yet...

If you have to pick between the 2...

Personally, I'd try to get both as they are both important for future mods.
However, if I only had enough $$$ to get one, I'd get the Scanmaster. Good to know what the car's doing, and it could help you troubleshoot any problems. Good for watching temps, KR, and codes. Get the scan tool first. Just my .02.

You can't use the Scanmaster....

Without doing the '86-'87 ECM conversion first. Or has that already been done?:confused:

Otherwise, I think the only thing that wil read correctly is the water temp. BTDT. :D

Yup the scanmaster won't work with the 84-85 models unless converted....I tried and totally forgot it only works on the 86-87....I guess I would go with the hotwire kit....and if you can get a AFPR and a fuel guage that helps a bunch!!!

Turbolink

Robbie,

Let me know if you need to borrow a scantool. You can use my turbolink. It doesn't show all the data on an 85, but it gives you the basic stuff.

Greg

Greg, will be over there this after noon, have my own laptop, can you show me how to set her up? Thanks for the offer...