which oil pan for ls1 swap

truck pan on lq4. have to drop it in on k member first if your putting 4l80/lq4 combo in. at least i did.my car isnt super low and ground clearance seems ok.

I try that on my 70 Chevelle and the pan sit really low and the center link hit the pan as well. I bought the S&P pan and drop it back in and it fit perfect.

I am using an LH8 pan. Got the entire pan, pickup, tray, and bolts brand new GM for $220 shipped on Ebay.

I see Jegs have the whole setup including the oil stick, windage tray for $179, that the one im getting!

The hot rod oil pan kit has the hummer alpha pan and jegs has it for the correct price.I have this on mine and the sump is only 1" less than the truck pan so it still hangs 1 1/2" below the crossmember.If I had to do it over again I would just get an f-body setup which fits fine if your using setback mounts.

The hot rod oil pan kit has the hummer alpha pan and jegs has it for the correct price.I have this on mine and the sump is only 1" less than the truck pan so it still hangs 1 1/2" below the crossmember.If I had to do it over again I would just get an f-body setup which fits fine if your using setback mounts.
I dont know if it the Hummer pan or not, but it is way more than a 1inch shorter. More like 4inches shorter. I didnt use the dip stick, but every thing else fit perfect! It has to be a GM pan because it it very well made! $179 to my door. I used JEGS because they were $20 bucks less than Summit, and dont charge shipping.

can everyone insert part numbers or kit numbers to make this all easier,,hard enough trying to understand the typing:eek::eek:

19212593 is the part number 179 at jegs the kit has been out for at least 2 years but has been on back order most of that time because they did'nt have the dipstick tube This is the same kit BRP sells for $250.I've had both the truck pan and this pan side by side upside down on the floor and the pan is only 1-1.5 " shorter.Look on LS1 tech there are some g-body swaps on there that are using the truck pan and just letting it hang like a deep sump drag pan if the car is not lowered in the front you can get away with it

I'm building one of these now and the car will be lowered. Which oilpan is recommended if the car is low? I was going to use that hot rod kit, but if I use that will the f-body pan work? If not, who sells mounts that will work with that pan? Thx for any info.

I just got some mount from John B from LS1Tech and it is design to work on G-body and you use the F-body motor mounts. This would work with truck pan od any pans.