Which New muscle car?

Which modern American muscle would you purchase?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
tough choice. it would all depend on price and feel. id have to see and drive the camaro and challenger to make a decesion on them.

heres the order:

1. challenger, always have been and always will be die hard mopar fan, gm are a very close second though. this car would have to reasomably priced, dont think it will be, and not weigh a ton, it may. if the challenger costs over 30k or 35k and/or it weighs over 400 lbs, count me out. if it cones in under 30k and weighs 3500lbs or less im there, as long as you can get it with a stick, the autostick sucks.

2. camaro, if this car is what they say it will be it will rock, same stipulations as the challenger though, it cant outrageously expensive or overly heavy, well see.

3. kinda of a tie, either the chrger or the GTO. I like the GTOs, it seems a lot of people dont, the charger is nice too though, give me the srt8 in about 2 years for around 25k, no stick though makes me lean a bit more twoards the GTO. you can get a very reasonable year or 2 old GTO right now.

4. the vette, who dosnt want a vette, this is last only because there just too expensive for me and just not very pratical, not that a vette should be. if I would go with a vette it would probally be a 3 or 4 year z06.

the only one I didnt choose was the mustang because frankly if I was looking at all those cars the mustang wouldnt even enter my mind.

heres another one for the list, and one id definitly go for, caddilac CTS-V. 400hp and a stick, its not stupid heavy and its got a ls series engine. throw on the escalade heads and a cam and you got a 500+ hp leather wrapped honda eating 4 door rocket sled. of course the same could be done with the GTO also.

I know its not on the poll but for power, ride and all the comforts of home: Caddi. CTS-V with the Corvette engine and 6 speed trans with traction control. Add the STI twin turbo conversion and off to 800 HP for around $40K or so. I know someone else mentioned this car but it is worth mentioning again...

I voted for the vette, I love the looks of the new challenger, but it still has to prove its got the balls to back em up. :cool:

Challenger out front

Looks like the Challenger is out front. Does anyone know what the performance is supposed to be like?

0-60
1/4 mile time?

I know its not on the poll but for power, ride and all the comforts of home: Caddi. CTS-V with the Corvette engine and 6 speed trans with traction control. Add the STI twin turbo conversion and off to 800 HP for around $40K or so. I know someone else mentioned this car but it is worth mentioning again...

touche :)

whats this sti twin turbo kit you speak of. ive only heard about a supercharger for a cts-v and then those are only for the ls6 models.

The new G8 (and probably a new Impala SS) are way better deals than the CTS-V unless you absolutely need a manual Transmission in your RWD 4 door.

The money you save would buy a ton of mods to the stock 360 hp.

If I wanted to buy a new "muscle car", however, it would be a Challenger in the sublime (which is actually more like 1971 go green/sassy grass).

whats this sti twin turbo kit you speak of. ive only heard about a supercharger for a cts-v and then those are only for the ls6 models.

STI has been around only for a few years and they make the non-innercooled aftermarket turbo systems for cars like the camaro,ta,corvette, mustang and others. The turbo actually sets under the car in the location of the muffler(s) and has remote oil pumps. They claim to have no turbo lag and the distance between the engine and the turbo acts as the innercooler. Anyway they have a twin turbo set up for the new(er) corvettes. I haven't actually seen this applied to the CTS-V but with the same engine I'm sure they either have one ready or the corvette set up will easily addapt.

GTO, had one, best car ive ever been in. also the insurance is dirt cheap. add to that the availibility of ver very cheap twn turbo systems and that interior and you have a winning combo. you can find 2006's with 10-20k miles for around $20k. Also, best interior you could ask for, and a useble back seat.
Second would be the new G8, and the TB SS
Gary

STI has been around only for a few years and they make the non-innercooled aftermarket turbo systems for cars like the camaro,ta,corvette, mustang and others. The turbo actually sets under the car in the location of the muffler(s) and has remote oil pumps.

are you sure you dont mean STS?? or is someone else out there doing the remote turbo thing??

i think he meant sts, i am considering purchasing a impalla ss, i heard that it had something that would make it run on 4 cylinders when at a certain speed, like on the highway or something, it is a tough decision between the ss and gto

joshua

What did you have in mind stage 2?

Nothing really. I've pretty much given up on detroit to do anything worth while in the performance sector. The only american sedan that does anything for me is the Caddy DTS and thats only because its the most comfortable car I've ever driven... ever. Short of that there's really no reason to buy a new american performance car.

If I want some american muscle I'm going to hit the auto trader or the old car shows and then build it myself.