Which is a better FM intercooler? price varies by 50$

Odog87

Which is a better intercooler? GBodyParts.com Front Mount Intercooler - 3" Inlet/Outlet dimensions 19" wide core. Core Height is 11-1/2". Thickness is 4.5". Inlet is 3" as is the outlet to your Throttle body or The SUPER Extreme model from buickgn.com dimensions are 24x11x3, and from tank to tank is 30.5 inches in total length featuring 3" inlet and outlets.

Is a bigger intercooler better, since the air is cooled longer?

Also how many #of boost will you gain from switching from stock to front mount?

How big is your turbo? Bigger isn't better when you don't need it. It can create a bit more lag, might be a little heavier, etc. The properly sized one for your application is the better one as long as build quality is the same, etc.

im still running the stock turbo but will be upgrading to the te 44. Was hoping to only have to buy 1 intercooler.

I don't know about either of those but, I would take a look at a good stock location. They will take you farther than you think. Just my opinion.

Mike

Rjc

If I ever go with a front mount, I plan to go with the RJC unit. Just another option to look at.

If you dont have alky get that first then get the FMIC. You will get more for your buck that way.

Alkycontrol kit for the win of course, you won't get the support that Julio offers from any other manufacturer and he knows our cars.

I run the Super Extreme IC we sell on my car and the fit on these are great. The debate on front mount vs stock location is an age old subject that has no winner. It is up to what you want to do. Pros and cons for either way you go. Front mounts, your cooling system has to be up to the task as you are blocking air flow to the radiator, more weight farther out on the nose of the car. Recommend a clean stock radiator or aftermarket radiator and dual fans. Advantage, you free up a lot of space in front of the motor, don't have to worry about crushing the scoop for a stretched stock location intercooler and can of course run the full width air dam. Choice is up to you.

inmo,if you are going to run the 44 just do a modified neck and get an alkycontrol kit,with the alky you don't need the bigger intercooler.