Which Exhaust

geronimo1

86 GN
I am upgrading my exhaust. I have a 6262 fully built engine Terry houston down pipe. I was looking at the Pypes system any reccomendations?

Anything with a straight thru design. NO FLOWMASTER chamber muffler.

Pypes Race Pro, Hooker Aerochamber, Dynomax Ultraflow are some of the top ones in current production.

Everyone is gonna give a different suggestion, but again, a straight thru design is key.

Thanks. I have had a lot of turbo cars and you are right straight thru design. I was looking at the Pypes Pro race stainless steel for 350.00 not bad at all on price.

+1 on the Pypes system. I have the race pro mufflers and they are good quality for the price, not obnoxiously loud and have a great sound. Make sure you start at the tailpipe when you are installing it. I started at the cat and couldn't get it lined up right.

I'm happy with my 3" GN1 duals. Flows great and looks good to.

Attachments

• cat_back4.jpg
    cat_back4.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 311
Find a used dual 3" ATR cat-back exhaust. Flows great and sounds good. I had one but it was not compatible with HRParts adjustable rear sway bar so I got a custom 3.5" catback from Jack Cotton!
Conrad

oh boy my 3inch with flowmasters sounded realy good and was fast. or was it just my dsl cam?

For the money, Pypes are hard to beat. They only come in 2.5 inches though. I'm too poor to have 3 inch exhaust.

IMO,, Best Ever built came from ATR..;) If you can find a SS 2 1/2 system you will never need to look again...:biggrin:

exhaust

For The Turbo kid I dont have the big money like you Richie I have to go less expensive but I do have a dsl cam like you. Too bad you dont still have the silver bullet. I would have liked to take on a TR legend who built my motor like his.

i went with the pypes and love it couldent beat the price, orderded it from summit and showed up in 3 days took me about a day to do it in my drive way with a jack and jackstands. i went with the race pros i think it sounds good

Any drone with the pypes at highway speed (about 2000 to 2200 rpm) my hooker system was bad...

I have an RJC 5inch down pipe and 4 inch exhaust on my black T Type. it sounds mean, has the maximum amount of flow, and the Build quality of the RJC kit is phenominal. Support U.S. made product. I also have the RJC dual 3 inch kit on my blue T type and it is nice and quiet up to 3500 rpms and then it has a low mean sound.