which engine oil

tzque

Guys i did the search and I know I have read this topic a millions times but it didnt come up .I switched to synthectic and started leaking .I want to switch back . What regular oil are you running in your car and I need the long oil filter part number .

It helps add Zinc to the oil when ussing a flat tapped camshaft. You could buy brad penn oil and not use the ZDDP also, I have used Brad Penn oil for ten years in my flat tapped car and have had 0 problems....:cool:

Which oil?

I have used Mobil 1 for years with no leaks. When I decided to switch, my engine was apart so I was able to replace all gaskets, seals, etc. Perhaps that helped? I also put in a roller cam so no ZDDP is needed. HTH.

Thx for info on ZDDP. Got a lot of learning to do on this T-6. Long time SBC user. Now if I can just find the idle/mixture adjustment and the Holley 4bbl.......

Sam

I switched to synthetic last year, everything started leaking on my 38K mile car. Switched back to straight 10-30 valvoline this year and continued to leak until a month or so ago. still leaks at rear main, but not as bad. I had to change valve cover gaskets though the backs wouldn't stop.

just my experience.