which converter??

Vandal1987

Hey fellas just inquiring about which T\C I should run. I just ran an Art and Carr 9 3500 NON Lock unit in my old setup. which I believe ballooned and ended up taking out my thrust and main bearings and also did some fatal damage to my trans aswell.:( 2004R

I am just wondering which brand and size I should go with new motor and turbo setup are as follows: 218/218 hyd roller cam, ported irons, 40 over diamond pistons. 9.5 : 1 comp ratio. And most importantly a Pte 70mm non BB turbo with 85. Housing. I have heard a lot of good stuff about PTE Fwiw.

Contact Dave Husek or Dusty Bradford on this board. Both can build you a converter for your combo.

I guess I could just ask them but do u think there will be any issues me being up in Canada. Thanks for the insight by the way
Asking them directly would be best. But I can tell you Dave had no problem shipping a converter to me here in Hawaii. In fact he spent time to find the most economical shipping option for me. He is also very accessible and picks up the phone every time I've called him. Great guy to deal with.

Ok awesome guys thanks. Dusty what would u charge for a converter that's been custom made any how.?

What et range are you shooting for with your 70mm turbo?

We have several options. Considering your already set up for a non lock I'm figuring you want to stick with that.

10" Non lock for $450. With a 70mm your going to need a 3200@1psi converter. The 10" can do that but can slip excessively when running that loose down low if your trying to go 10's.

9.5 non lock for $1,000. If your planning to run into the 10's the 9.5 is a better choice. You will have a better spooling converter without loosing efficiency.

Shipping to Canada is around $35-40. The paperwork we send with the converter is determined by your needs.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app