Which aftermarket hard parts are needed for a low 10 second 200r4?

Steve

I recently bought a Brian Hofer 200r4 from a board member. The original purchaser bought the trans about 4 years ago but never used it. The trans was built for high 10's and according to the paperwork from Brian Hofer it has a hardened forward drum, 7 pack direct clutches, 3 OD, and 5 forwards, Red Alto 2nd gear band, 5500 and 400 booster valves. Since the trans has been sitting for a while me and a buddy(transmision builder)are going to go thru it so make sure everything is ok and it would be a good time to add any aftermarket hard parts that the trans might need to live in a low 10 second car. My car is full weight but on the lower side since it is a low option car and has a few items to lighten it up some and I plan for the car to run in the 10.30-10.40 range. I do not plan to use a transbrake and the 60' foot times will likely be in the 1.50 range because the track prep at our local track is not very good. Thanks for the advice.

The build you listed should go low 10s even with the harden drum. If you going to have it apart I would add a billet forward drum shaft for insurance.

The build you listed should go low 10s even with the harden drum. If you going to have it apart I would add a billet forward drum shaft for insurance.

Thanks for the reply. Could you PM me with some info and a price for the billet forward drum shaft that you sell. Thanks