where to put small coolant bottle?

BGN8711

Hey everyone I just purchased an alky control kit and am wondering where you all have put the small coolant relocation bottle? Any help and ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

I put mine as suggested by the instructions, in front of the battery. Helps to remove the battery hold-down and move the battery out of the way. Secure the overflow to the radiator support with the two black brackets and zip ties, run the supplied rubber hose from radiator to overflow. Then put the battery back in place. Has been working fine that way so far. If needed I'll take a picture tomorrow, if someone doesn't beat me to it. Won't be able to do it until I get home from work.

Nice place to put it because it's out of view, so people won't immediately notice that you have an extra overflow. Really the only obvious thing about the alky kit is the line running to the nozzle, othewise everything else is tucked out of view.

I put mine over on the driver's side under my homemade big mouth cai. Alittle less congested over there.

I was unable to put mine by the batt due to other stuff in the way (relays, ext oil cooler lines). So "for now" I wire-tied it to the fan shroud on the pass side...filler hole pointing toward the motor.

Sorry I don't have a pic but the wire tie goes through the fan hole (there is enough space that it doesn't rub the fan blades) around the radiator side of the shroud and back out the side.

I painted the catch can black which again is "for now" since the paint doesn't stick to the plastic very well.

I really don't like this setup and I'm looking forward to hearing alternatives. One idea I had was to mod the washer fluid reservoir and use that for the coolant.

Mike

I put mine as suggested by the instructions, in front of the battery. Helps to remove the battery hold-down and move the battery out of the way. Secure the overflow to the radiator support with the two black brackets and zip ties, run the supplied rubber hose from radiator to overflow. Then put the battery back in place. Has been working fine that way so far. If needed I'll take a picture tomorrow, if someone doesn't beat me to it. Won't be able to do it until I get home from work.

Nice place to put it because it's out of view, so people won't immediately notice that you have an extra overflow. Really the only obvious thing about the alky kit is the line running to the nozzle, othewise everything else is tucked out of view.

I'd like to see your pic too, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

As for the nozzle I mounted mine on the lower part of the up pipe, in the back. I covered the hose with wire loom and ran it down the neck of the intercooler then across. At first glance it's not noticeable. That is a peeve of mine with most alky buicks to see that shiney hose coming freestyle ;) across the front going to the 9 o'clock position.

Mike

Where's the beef; Huuum I mean bottle?

I put my bottle away somewhere.:confused: :eek:
Than I ran a black hose along the rearside of the radiator near the top and around the inside of the front radiator susport, than up the inside fender to the wiper bottle (took the strainer off the end of the hose in the bottle). Everything looks stock and how often do you really use the washer anyway?:biggrin:

OR

If you have no problems with overheating than you can keep the washer bottle and do it like in the oldden days. Use no overflow bottle and just run a hose straight down to the bottom of the radiator. The system will find it's own level slightly below full and stay there for a very long time. :eek: :) :D

EITHER WAY THERE IS LESS JUNK IN THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT, PERIOD.

Tie wrapped it to the pass side fan supports on the ramchargers fan. Stay square and in place. 3 years now

Thanks guys...

some good ideas please keep it coming as I'm sure there's a bunch of you doing innovative stuff!

Brian