Where to get cork Trans gasket for 200R4

tonysmach

Anyone know if the big box auto stores carry the cork trans gasket such as Advance Auto, O'Reilley's, Pep Boys, etc. Is it possible to re-use the cork gasket. I dropped the pan to change to a non-lock up valve and the cork gasket is less than 1 year old so can I re-use it?

I go to a local Tranny shop,buy the gaskets and the 700 filters seperate.Those guys like cash too:wink:

Kevin

If you can purchase a black rubber one and do 1 retorque after trans has done 1 heat cycle ,this should help any bent pans from leaking

Sold many of them at O'Reillys cork gasket and filter WIX brand. Less than $15 as I remeber. They carry two brands, Pioneer and WIX, must specify a WIX to get a cork one though.

If you didn't ruin the stock cork /rubber gasket, you can reuse it. I can't guarantee that it won't leak. Wipe down all the sealing surfaces (and gasket) with acetone to remove the oil residue.

Get a new gasket; the stiff fiber type. It seals better than cork/rubber and is reusable. The best place to get one is from a trans shop or a GM dealer. Transmission shops usually stock them in bulk. I think GM sells replacement gaskets indivdually and uses fiber instead of cork/rubber, now. More than likely, you would have to order and wait from your local dealer.

The cork / rubber gasket is what you are calling cork. It is a mixture of ground cork and rubber particles that are bonded together.