Where to get coil pack/module ans which brand?

darkred87T

Hello, the car breaks up every so often. Iv'e been mixing and matching three different coil packs and ignition modules for a while now and I think it's time to pony up and get both new. Anyone know a good place to get them? I can try autozone but thought I would get some suggestions first.
Thanks in advance,
Mike

I think *********** are coming out with new ones. I just received a news letter saying they were. module was around 100, coil around 60 I think.

This has ben discussed before and when mine died I also went to Glen for the package due to the "potential for failure" with aftermarket components. There have been many who have had success with the aftermarket components, I just felt I did not want to buy the parts twice.

That's why I posted. I wanted to pay a vendor rather than Autozone.

Well, you must 1st differentiate between "paying vendors" (allowed here--pls see SGRIM post @ top of this Board) & "other vendors"--whose specific info provided herein will be deleted by Vendor Police.

Wow it's $199 for an AC delco module and $99 for a Magnavox. :eek: I guess I don't need a module, probably just a coil pack.

Wow it's $199 for an AC delco module and $99 for a Magnavox. :eek: I guess I don't need a module, probably just a coil pack.

You have no idea until you truly test it with a coilpack and module tester.

Been down that road alot.

Even if it tests fine, you have to stick it on the car, sometimes the module will not give out the cam sensor signal, and the car runs in batch fire.

I actually ran into this last summer.
I saw 99.00 for a module and 39.00 for a coil.
There are some on ebay also, but not sure about those.
Standard motor products is 80.79 on Auto Parts Fast at RockAuto
BW

Well, the car does runs pig rich and also stumbles and breaks up every so often. I recently swapped out the coil pack and module together for another old one I had laying around. The symptoms cleared up a little but it seems likes it's still acting up. That's why I thought a fresh coil pack and module along with my new Russ Merrit plug wires would at least take some of the guessing out of the equation. I had no idea modules were so expensive but it might be worth it.

Probably a dumb question but...

Is there a huge difference in quality between the 100$ Magnavox and the $200 AC Delco?

Is there a huge difference in quality between the 100$ Magnavox and the $200 AC Delco?

I really have no idea, but i did just spend 421.91 on a new compressor, reciever drier, and ac lines , hood struts, power steering lines and blower motor with new relay at rock auto.

Just a guess, but id say that module for 99.00 is the same as rock autos 80.00 one. But nos 4 gn gives a full 1 year warranty:)

Ship your junk to me and i can test it for you. Priority box is 4.70 or 9.00 something like that. Weight doesnt matter. my zip is 66212

BW:)

Ship your junk to me and i can test it for you. Priority box is 4.70 or 9.00 something like that. Weight doesnt matter. my zip is 66212

BW:)

O.K I have two of them. I think I actually bought one of them from you a while back. I'll try and call you tommorow.