Where to Find???

DaJoker

DUMB QUESTION MEMBER
May be looking at having a cam and lifter swap done on my TTA. Guy at the shop said it may take a while to get parts for the car because of the rarity, something I hadn't thought about. Where can I find a stock spec cam and stock lifters?? Would these items normally be in stock? Last time I bought lifters was from John's Performance....least I think so and there are no longer in business. Reason I'm asking is because Cruising the Coast is coming up and I'd like to take my car. Thanks for any help.

Stock was 193/197 I think.

I would call Dan at DLS and have him select a custom roller cam for your selection. Also, buy the Comp Cams 885 lifters from Mr. Husek.

Then SHOULD update your valvetrain. You will need the Harland Sharp 1.6 roller rockers....

I would only swap the cam if you were gonna pull the heads for a port and polish. Nice set of stainless steel valves, K-750 springs...

Go ROLLER if put the cam in!

Joe

That sounds a whole lot more involved than I wanna go. Just trying to get the car drivable again. I put some 100# valve springs and I "may" have done some internal damage with those. Will find out more tomorrow as I'm bringing the car to the shop tomorrow. PS Also don't know if my pockets could cover all that work. Trying to figure out where to find the cam and other parts if they are needed. :)

STOCK cam is not too rare. Mellings part # SBC-14. Lifters are JB-969 SAME as a GN. Summit can get it or order it for you. probably the fastest way to get it. By the way, Mellings is a very good brand if you are going back stock. Autozone has the lifters in stock, but I would just get everything from Summit Racing. they always have good prices and are fast. good luck!

STOCK cam is not too rare. Mellings part # SBC-14. Lifters are JB-969 SAME as a GN. Summit can get it or order it for you. probably the fastest way to get it. By the way, Mellings is a very good brand if you are going back stock. Autozone has the lifters in stock, but I would just get everything from Summit Racing. they always have good prices and are fast. good luck!

Appreciate the info TURBOWNER......I emailed Mike @ Full Throttle and he said he has everything to do the job. So I guess for now I'm gonna help out the little guy who is "in our turbo community." But if he can't get it done then I'll give Summit a shot. :)