where to buy TCC solenoid?

crownvic96

i went to gmpartsdirect and it said something about it being a special order item or the part number (8639900) was incorrect.

is that the right Part# and if it is does anyone stock this thing?

i'm also going to get the art car 2qt upgrade pan kit.

crownvic96
Not to hijack your thread, but I also need one. I was told there is a heavy duty one for the 200r4. Is this true?

You can still buy one from GMpartsdirect.com

GM PART # 8639956
CATEGORY: All
PACK QTY: 1 CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $60.58
OUR PRICE: $34.54
DESCRIPTION: SOLENOID

Now you have some options ;)

JC Turbo said:
crownvic96
Not to hijack your thread, but I also need one. I was told there is a heavy duty one for the 200r4. Is this true?

I never heard of a heavy duty one. I just replaced the one on my 95K mile GN and my buddy just put one on his 88 Monte SS with 80K on it. For the price grab a few! They are very easy to install. There is a rubber washer (o-ring) you just have to make sure the old one comes out when you take it out. Sometimes it gets stuck up there. The nice part about the one from GM is it's plug and play. I've seen aftermarket ones that you have to cut and solder connections on them. Better off ordering a few from GM and you'll be set for life! :cool:

phillyturbosix said:
You can still buy one from GMpartsdirect.com

GM PART # 8639956
CATEGORY: All
PACK QTY: 1 CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $60.58
OUR PRICE: $34.54
DESCRIPTION: SOLENOID

Now you have some options ;)

gnttype.org lists the tcc as

Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid 8639900

Comes up as a solenoid but it might be an older number as the number I posted is what the dealer ordered for me last week for the 200R4. I've tryed to order many things from the numbers on gnttpe.org and the numbers were bad, superseded, or wrong. Car runs fine. Roll the dice or use what worked! :biggrin:

8639900 is the most recent & correct part# for our cars, per my Bell & Howell look up here at the dealership.

K.

Hi,

do I need to buy any other part than 8639900 when I change the TCC solenoid ?

Daniel

You could also walk into any local transmission shop and buy one, unless they want to be d!cks and tell you they "don't sell parts retail" like they did to me a few years ago. Some places don't like people fixing their own cars.