Where to buy exh. & intake manny gaskets?

PhilthMonger

is there a one-stop shop that I can buy all the gaskets I need? dealer the way to go or is there someone better/ cheaper? got a leaky exh. manny gasket, leaky oil pan/ rear main seal and a leaky intake manifold! I'm screwed! HAHAHA :D

so I guess everyone hear drops their car off at the shop and lets some other monkey work on their car right?

A lot of people don't use exhaust manifold gaskets. The Manifolds can be filed flat (Use a good flat file with a crossing pattern) so that no gasket is required. If the manifolds were welded improperly or are warped to heck, you can use copper gaskets from ATR or special Composite gaskets.

For the other gaskets, you can look at my illustrated parts catalog and determine what part numbers you need and get the gaskets from your favorite discount GM dealer (I like Dal at Vandevere Olds) or you can go to one of the good vendors that support this BB like Cottons or Ramchargers and they can get you set up.

Local auto parts stores like O'Reilly or Advance have a good selection of gaskets also.

I personally use the felpro 1400 exhaust gaskets. Make sure all surafces are flat and clean. Torque to spec and reassemble the exhaust. I use a little high temp RTV on the cross over but all else assemble clean and straight. I personally use the Cork Oil pan gasket that you can get from duttweiler. This is a very good gasket. The rear main I use the felpro neoprene. Works well just follow the gnttype.org install recommendations and it will be fine. As for the inake I use the felpro coated one and cork valve cover gaskets with a touch of the "Right Stuff" black silicone. I clean use a little on both sides on the gasket and just finger tight. Let dry for about 12 hours, snug down and you should be good to go. Hope this helps.

this does help, thanks. I have read up on the procedure....just wasn't sure where to actually buy these parts. the guys at the local parts place have the iq of a dirty sneaker and the personality of a rock.