Where to buy Aluminum body mounts?

gnon18s

Does anybody know a good place to get aluminum body mounts? I heard at one point someone made a stock height AND a set that was 1/4" shorter. I would be interested in the shorter set if they are still available.

If you find out where to get them please let us know. I would like a set of shorter ones also. 1 question though , with the aluminum and steal being different metals corrosion will come into play, how do you plan on confronting that issues? Thanks Joel

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

As Eticket stated, TNT sells them for $150. They can also be found on eBay for $229. Neither mention anything about a shorter version. Im sure I can have them milled locally if I need to. It's odd that the more expensive kit is on eBay??

If you find out where to get them please let us know. I would like a set of shorter ones also. 1 question though , with the aluminum and steal being different metals corrosion will come into play, how do you plan on confronting that issues? Thanks Joel

I manufacture isolators in .080" reinforced rubber for 64-72 A body (Chevelle) and 67-69 F body (Camaro) with aluminum mounts.
I have several different sized dies, and I'm sure one would work for a G body. They would be available through Pete Hoffman at Kirban's, if there was demand for them.

As Eticket stated, TNT sells them for $150. They can also be found on eBay for $229. Neither mention anything about a shorter version. Im sure I can have them milled locally if I need to. It's odd that the more expensive kit is on eBay??
We have the ones from TNT on our car and they are stock height. I would just mill them down if you need shorter version

My big issue is I already have a cage in my car which is gonna make this project somewhat difficult. I was figuring with a shorter mount it wouldn't be quite as hard to slip them in plus get the added benefit of the body being lowered Alittle. Probably not enough to notice though. the cage in my car was already there when I bought it and the down bars go between the back seat and sail panel and end about a foot from the rear of the frame. And whoever installed it rewelded the sheet metal to the bar

My big issue is I already have a cage in my car which is gonna make this project somewhat difficult. I was figuring with a shorter mount it wouldn't be quite as hard to slip them in plus get the added benefit of the body being lowered Alittle. Probably not enough to notice though. the cage in my car was already there when I bought it and the down bars go between the back seat and sail panel and end about a foot from the rear of the frame. And whoever installed it rewelded the sheet metal to the bar

I had to cut the trunk bars out of one car we have to lift the body. It didn't cost that much to have them put back in. The other car I just broke the welds from the sheet metal. It is no fun no matter what. Cutting the bushing down would help though in my opinion.
I used a porta power and that helped a lot. Again no fun no matter what

Yeah I think I might take it to a chassis shop this winter and have them do that and the headliner that is falling down and put in some frame reinforcements too while its there.
T-CHRGD I'm gonna pm you with some questions.

Sorry to the OP for the clutter in your thread. Joel