where to buy 3" d-p and 3 1/2" cat back

tybob

hi , here i can find a 3" d-p and what is a good catback exaust ....what is the best whit a 60series turbo ,50 inj and red chip !thanks

it is the same catback 5.7 l and tta ?

where can we buy a 3" d-p and catback exaust

hi , where i can find a 3" d-p and what is a good catback exaust ....what is the best whit a 60series turbo ,50 inj and red chip !thanks

it is the same catback 5.7 l and tta ?

what is the web site of red amstrong

If you are getting a chip get a TurboTweak. TurboTweak Home

For a nice 3" car back look on sphon.com Their 3" SS cat back is reasonably priced. You can get the Hooker from Summit for cheaper. I had that cat back and did not like it. I now have a custom SS cat back that I had built and it cost about the same as the one sphon sells.

It may be hard to find a 3" SS DP. I think someone on this board makes one. I forgot his name. They are about $800 I think.

If your car still has the stock torque converter, you could go with a TE44 or a TE60 if you are on a budget or go with a 6157 PTE dual ball bearing or a Cotton's CPT61BB. That is just to name a few. There are others out there as well. There are many ways to skin a cat. :biggrin:

thanks for the info :) it is the same exaust the 3.8 and the 5.7l on the 3 generation ! sorry for my stupid question but i just buy the tta ! for the last 12 years i have only the tr's :biggrin:

thanks for the info :) it is the same exaust the 3.8 and the 5.7l on the 3 generation ! sorry for my stupid question but i just buy the tta ! for the last 12 years i have only the tr's :biggrin:

yes it is the same. Just make sure it has the 4 bolt fllange to connect to the cat or test pipe.

ok thanks .....i just pull out the engine to change a head gascket and clean the oil pan (no prestone in oil )just to make sure ! it is a good idee to port the heads or its not nessasary !

i all ready have a precision pt60 turbo .63 exaust ,50 pounds injector ,chip ,walbro 340 ,t-b and dog house 65mm, ajt fuel reg ,red stripe stall and of corse a new 3" exaust and a razor alky kit (comming soon)!

i want to go mid 11 "

I think doing some head work is a good idea. It will make going fast a lot easier. Basically being able to run faster on less boost. A good idea would be to send the heads to Champion heads in FL. He is not cheap but knows his stuff. Figure $1000 if you want a max effort job. But if you got the best now you won't have to do it again later. :)

I just bought a 3 1/2" system from Mufflex along with a replacement highflow converter. I haven't put it on yet though. They will also do the system in 4" if you request.

Downpipe

I will take some this weekend I am working out of town at the moment. The downpipe is new and never installed.

Is that SS or mild steel?

I had it put on today and it sounds great. I was concerned that it might be to loud. The Magnaflow muffler is stainless, the rest is not. The system they made for me connects where the cat normally connects and has a high flow spun cat and is 3/5" from there back with a single outlet on the drivers side.

any new info on this ,,is the Magnaflow mufflr to loud,,looking for a Quite system...:smile:

I had my 3" SS catback done by FLP in Naperville. It had a Ultra Flow SS muffler and they used my stock tips. I paid $700 or so installed for it. This was in Oct 2007. It sounds great. It flows almost as good as an open dump. I gain about 1lb of boost opening the dump.