where these go to

mr84ss

What's up family. I recently bought a 87 GN. the power windows dont work so I been trying to track down the problem. I took the driver door panel off and when I took the driver side kick panel off. I saw all these wires. Do anyone know where these go and by then being cut affect the power windows?

Why cant I upload a picture. It keep saying the pic is to large for the server?

What's up family. I recently bought a 87 GN. the power windows dont work so I been trying to track down the problem. I took the driver door panel off and when I took the driver side kick panel off. I saw all these wires. Do anyone know where these go and by then being cut affect the power windows?

Attachments

• 1431852282257.jpg
    1431852282257.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 174
where does that harness lead to. go in there and see where it ends up does the window switch have the plug on it with the wires going to the door jam did you check for the fuse ?

where does that harness lead to. go in there and see where it ends up does the window switch have the plug on it with the wires going to the door jam did you check for the fuse ?

Yes all the plugs are in the door. From the door locks, power window and the speakers are all hooked up. They just dont work lol

if all those wires have the same colors at the cut like green with black strip /white with black strip and they all match I would get butt connecters and start putting them back together also look at the wires at the back of the door and window switches see if they correspond with those colors .

after you connect those wires back if it don't work check the 30 amp circuit breaker at the fuse block .

Ok I connected all of the same color wires together and pulled the circuut breaker and put it back in. Window(s), still dont work and now when I press the window switch I hear the doors trying to unlock. What the hell is going on

did you try both the driver window switch too? to see if it works some times those switches go bad .check to see if the motors are good give them power .also make sure you take those switches out and that they are put in right just for the hell of it you never know who had that car and didn't know what they were doing.

Check for broken terminals closely on the switch connectors. Might be just worn out hardware or, may have some binding motors. Those switches are notorious for corrosion.

I recently bought the switch new from advance auto. I guess from taking the switch on and off, a couple of wires have came lose from the switch connector. How can I fix this new problem from the lose wires from switch connector?

I think caspers electronics has those sometimes the auto parts may have them I would go there first take a pic of it .

The problem with the OEM door harnesses is that the super tight crimp GM put on them cause the copper strands to break off over time.