where do ya'll have your boost gauge located

JonnyBoost

Turbo Junkie
i have an open slot on my console gauge pod, but it seems kinda dumb to look down there to check the gauge, do most of you run yours on the a-pillar or what??

pillar post...if i were to do it all over again i would have a double holder on the a pillar and have the boost gauge at the bottom of it and a knock gauge on top...instead i have my knock gauge along with a water temp gauge in the console holder

On the GN currently the boost gauge is in the console holder, it sucks racing and is worse on the street. :(

Soon to be relocated to the A pillar. :)

thanks for the advice guys, the a-pillar it is.

i saw one site that had a double piece that replaced the whole pillar, but it didnt specify if it was for 2 1/16 or 2 5/8

anyone know where i could get a 2 5/8th double?

I have a boost-vac gauge as well as a knock gauge on the pillar. I like having the vac gauge up there as well so I can monitor how the engine is doing in less spirited driving conditions. Actually helps with gas mileage too if you make the relation between that needle and your pressing of the 'go pedal'.

I have oil and water in the console... great place for them IMO.

Actually, my boost gauge is on the floor right now... or maybe the seat :confused: I can't remember :p I like it on the A pillar too. It's getting the fuel pressure put in next to it though. I can read knock from the scanmaster sitting right on the dash.

BobbyBuick, I can't access your links.

DOH ! Tell me you use all of that 60psi gauge!!
What's the little black box there all about? It looks neat. I love neat looking toys :D

Notice the check valve in the gauge line.

Very inexpensive "boost memory recall"

Nice touch Bobby!

Mine is in the Cyberdyne digital dash - -20 to +30.
I also have a SPA dual EGT & boost gauge with recall under the radio pod - I don't watch it - I recall it later.